"Recession, what recession?"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Recession, what recession?"

I'm not used to driving the #107 in New York City. Most of the time the Spyker drives on back roads in the Catskill Mountains. Last week Manhattan Motorcars put on new rear tires and Friday at lunch time I picked up the car to take it upstate.

However, I made a little detour to Midtown, to our office, to pick up some stuff to take with me. Boy did the Spyker draw a crowd!

In no time a big group of gawkers were around the car asking a thousand questions and making bad pictures with their phones. I'm used to this when you bring the car to a car show, where you are surrounded by car enthusiasts, but not on the public street. Especially in Manhattan, where everybody has a big mouth.

Even our doorman came out and found it necessary to start sweeping our sidewalk:lol::lol::lol:

Driving away, a big white van cut me off, rolled down his window and yelled: "Recession, what recession?"
    Rijk

Nice story
    I guess you have to bring something very special into town, if you want to draw a crowd.
    Luckily, as we know, #107 is very special

So, the white van driver, was he pissed, or just ironic?

Comment

Originally posted by F Spider View Post
      Driving away, a big white van cut me off, rolled down his window and yelled: "Recession, what recession?"
      Absolutely priceless!

Comment

Great story!!!

Comment

I can sympathise with the van driver, he might soon be out of a job.

Yet, I cannot condone dangerous driving. Should have just kept his mouth shut!
          1934 - 1938 - 1982 - 2006

My YouTube Channel

Comment

Originally posted by BigFoot View Post
            Should have just kept his mouth shut!
            I don't know how that is in Tokyo, but New York is just like Amsterdam. Unsolicited comments galore
            Rijk

Comment

good stuff.

Comment

A perfect time to start selling $350,000 sports cars

Indeed, who's talking about a recession?

The economy is deflating. The Dow Industrial Average is bipolar. And credit markets are seized up like concrete. So now is a perfect time to start selling $350,000 sports cars in Tampa Bay, right?

Read more here and see a nice video at Elder Automotive Group

Comment

Great,..the guy's at the Tampa dealership make good use of their network..it hope they have a very large network with alot of potential Spyker owners..

nice video!

Comment

HaHa, nice story

I can’t wait to go to New York and see those crowd drawing events for myself. Especially everywhere on the streets. But a Spyker? Don’t think that’s in it for me.

In NYC from 16 till 23 of april 2009???

Grtz,
                    Niels

Comment

Originally posted by JoeD View Post
                      In NYC from 16 till 23 of april 2009???
                      Why don't you drop in and say hi, when you are in NY.
                      Rijk

Comment

Originally posted by F Spider View Post
                        Why don't you drop in and say hi, when you are in NY.
                        Thx, I must admit I already looked up your building on Google Earth and saw that it was near to my hotel (the Holliday Inn Midtown on 57th street). So I will certainly have a look and check it out.

I especially liked the views on the (new) Spyker headquarters (I think)… On your website.

Can’t wait to come to NY!!!
                        Niels

Comment

Working...
                        X