• Show
Clear All

• "The Global Resurgence Of Spyker"

Click image for larger version

Name:	newsletter-img-main.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	17.1 KB
ID:	74853

Victor Muller, CEO of Spyker NV is delighted to share with you news of the brand’s global resurgence! The Spyker B6 concept car will make its debut on 5 March at the 2013 Geneva International Motor Show. Stay tuned for more details.

Media are invited to witness the resurgence of Spyker Cars and to meet the executive team at the 2013 Geneva International Motor Show. Press conference is 5 March at 13:15, booth 2040. To schedule an interview, please contact us at press@spykercars.com
    The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do

Time to open a B6 register

Comment

B6 for 6 cylinder?
      Winning on sunday, selling on monday!

Comment

... trust me, that will be the only resemblance to a Porsche. :lol:

(Assuming the given body line is correct!)
        Attached Files
        Last edited by amzamz; 19-02-2013, 18:12.

Comment

Originally posted by Laviolette GT2R View Post
          B6 for 6 cylinder?
          without any doubt

Comment

My cheque book is ready and waiting, so long as the engine choice is naturally inspired and it has enough space for continental touring (us or europe).

If it is downmarket from the C8 it will be interesting to see where the cost has been cut with the details, trim, interior etc. Obviously the C8 was a loss maker so a B6 has to achieve huge scale or radically reduced costs, both of which could put the Spyker brand at risk if the feel isn't right.

I may be the only one but I don't just look at the nice machined parts, I also inspect very carefully for panel lines and gaps and the Spyker C8 is a work of art in its aluminum body, with no plastic panels, joins or bumpers. I know it's inevitable that a B6 will have to have more efficient production, but please let's hope they keep it artful!!

Comment

I tensely await the unveiling!

Mostly I'm curious about how the highlighted body line will look in real life. It seems to me as though it might drop a bit too low too abruptly to look good, but only time will tell..

Last edited by Reddingius; 19-02-2013, 23:18.

Comment

Spyker Hints at B6 Concept

Comment

Any special pictures I should take? Will be around in Geneva at both press days.

Comment

Picture of the VIN please

Comment

I don't know how close you'll be able to get to it, but I'd love to see some sneaky shots of the technical bits and bobs such as the suspension as seen from the inside of the wheel well.

Comment

... engine bay, and exhaust system please!

Comment

If you can talk to some one from Spyker, I would be interested to know which manufacturer supplies the engine

Have fun!

Comment

"On 5 March at 13:15, CEO Victor Muller will unveil the Spyker B6 Concept at the 83rd Geneva International Motor Show, ushering in a new era of Spyker Cars.

Press are invited to attend the press conference at 13:15, booth 2040, and to schedule interviews by contacting press@spykercars.com. The Spyker B6 Concept will be on display throughout the show, and all are invited to come witness the next milestone in Spyker history."
                            Attached Files

Comment

Victor was interviewed by the WSJ (Scroll down for the Spyker part) and apparently he revealed quite a bit about the B6 'Venator concept' including an image:

Click image for larger version

Name:	OD-AV903_SPYKER_G_20130228125357.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	59.6 KB
ID:	65825

Read the article for all the info but most importantly:

[...]midengine, 375-horsepower V6; six-speed automatic transmission; aluminum chassis, carbon-fiber body; under 3,080 pounds. That's a weight-to-power ratio of 8.21 pounds per horsepower (a little better than the Porsche 911 Carrera's) in a footprint the size of a Porsche Boxster. But "anybody who says they're going to build a Porsche killer is crazy," Mr. Muller emphasized.
                              Priced between €125,000 and €150,000.

Engine supplier is not specified but the WSJ considers Lotus.
                              Last edited by IVR007; 02-03-2013, 16:54.

Comment

Working...
                              X