Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@9 - so what is the key for and why do you have to ask for it

Comment

It's the secret key that unleashes the dark powers that control Spyker.
      Rijk

Comment

This really should go in the Technical Q&A section, otherwise all this good info will sink away in the threads.
        Rijk

Comment

Originally posted by F Spider View Post
          It's the secret key that unleashes the dark powers that control Spyker.

Comment

Originally posted by SpykerX3 View Post
            Mel, i didn't 005. My first was 038. 05, NOT wide body.
            Dan,

Sorry, I guess I misread that. Still, a very impressive list .

By the way, what do you mean with DOA? Do you mean it didn't start/work from the beginning? Or cause lots of problems from the beginning?

Mmmmm....not start is maybe the biggest problem you can have with a car.....
            ______

Mel

Comment

Originally posted by Mel Bonkers View Post
              Dan,

Sorry, I guess I misread that. Still, a very impressive list .

By the way, what do you mean with DOA? Do you mean it didn't start/work from the beginning? Or cause lots of problems from the beginning?

Mmmmm....not start is maybe the biggest problem you can have with a car.....
              Sorry, i neglected this thread. I bought my first car from a dealer that was on his way out. I purchased a demo car and that "dealer" flat-bedded it to my house. It didn't start when I got it. This was not Spyker's fault (as I know now but didn't at the time.) I tore the damn thing apart within the first 48 hours to try to figure it out myself--to no avail. After a few nasty voice mails to Holland I finally got a hold of Johan and he helped me figure out that the car had some serious problems. The rest is history... I wish i knew what what the problem was with 038 as it acted VERY weird.

As to the comment about the the turn signal indicator--yes with the old steering wheel it did make a little more sense. However, this is not the case. Spyker could easily rewire that light to another on the center section of the dash so you could see it. Just make the existing one a dead light.
              Last edited by SpykerX3; 06-01-2008, 21:16.

Comment

As to the little key for the windshield... I would love to not explain this but as a matter of principle I will...
                First and foremost, our Spyker's are VERY dependent on the battery. If the voltage drops below a certain point all sorts of things go wrong. 038 and 088 both experienced very erratic behavior due to this. You won't even know it until you get to the battery and test it. This is a lot harder than it sounds by the way... 152 lost charge in 10 days of sitting. I did not flip the switch to turn off the power so I experienced a near dead battery just after Christmas.

So, what is the tiny key for? Well, when the battery is dead you have no way of opening the doors. The little button behind the mirror is electronic and with no power it is worthless. The key allows you to pop a door open. Note: The security system is worthless if don't have a hard top anyways...

I have had to break into my own car a couple of times through the soft top because my FOB failed to work (don't know why it just does that some times...) Having a second puck is key in my opinion. As to "why" we have to ask for it I don't know that answer. I think it was just a problem with logistics. I didn't have to ask for them for 152. I had to ask for the little key and puck for 038, and just the puck for 088. I think this problem is now solved.

Comment

I had a low battery this weekend, because I forgot to turn off the master switch. t still had power, but not enough to start. I charged the battery and all is fine now. No erratic behavior.

I did turn the master switch when I left Sunday night, so for this coming weekend i should be fine
                  Rijk

Comment

for the life of me i can't figure out why these cars aren't all over the streets of dallas. i see enzo's, bug's a real cobra, lambo's, ferrari's man you name name i see it daily. even my wifes daily driver is a gallardo. but do you see any spykers? nope not a one - i travel a bit and i know that the dallas economy is crazy good compared to the rest of the county. i am just surprised we have a dry hole here concerning spykers.

mark

ps i want one..i think - yet to see one for real.

Comment

Mark, they look even better in real life than they do in photos!

And they are eyeball-magnets without equal.
                      With Tenacity, No Roof Is Impossible

Comment

Originally posted by markbrown View Post
                        Mark,

Next time you are in NY, you can drive mine.
                        Rijk

Comment

mark

Be warned.
                          When you see one for real, you won't THINK, you will KNOW you want one!!!!

Jeffrey

Comment

for the life of me i can't figure out why these cars aren't all over the streets of dallas. i see enzo's, bug's a real cobra, lambo's, ferrari's man you name name i see it daily. even my wifes daily driver is a gallardo. but do you see any spykers? nope not a one - i travel a bit and i know that the dallas economy is crazy good compared to the rest of the county. i am just surprised we have a dry hole here concerning spykers.

mark

Mark ,

I am just a few hours to the south of you (The Woodlands) I would be happy to meet with you and let you test out one of the few Spykers here in Texas. I also know the guys here at Spyker Houston have an event coming up in November and would let you drive one of the units that Spyker is bringing in.

Doug

Comment

Originally posted by mrleed View Post
                              Mark ,

I am just a few hours to the south of you (The Woodlands) I would be happy to meet with you and let you test out one of the few Spykers here in Texas. I also know the guys here at Spyker Houston have an event coming up in November and would let you drive one of the units that Spyker is bringing in.

Doug
                              The Owners Community Network works
                              Rijk

Comment

Working...
                              X