#006 C8 Double 12R Spyker Squadron

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• #006 C8 Double 12R Spyker Squadron

XL9C80TRLEZ363006 (some sources, including me initially, list: XL9C80TRLE2363006 as the chassisnumber but i think that's a typo)

Race history:

Sebring 12 hours March 13th - 16th 2002

startnumber: #12
    drivers: Peter Kox, Hans Hugenholtz and Derek Hill
    qualifying result: 18th (out of 21) in class 2:14.225
    race result: D.N.F. (92 laps 2:16.752)

Testday Le Mans May 5th 2002

startnumber: #85
    drivers: Norman Simon and Hans Hugenholtz
    result: 6th (out of 15) in class 4:18.794

P.S. I did not take these photo's myself! (but i don't know who did, i found them on the internet)

image_455.jpgimage_456.jpg
    Last edited by Maxim; 10-02-2021, 01:55.
    Winning on sunday, selling on monday!

Cool stuff dude!

Where did you find the VIN?

What I like about this Double12R is that it has a bare bodyframe without any finish. So cool.

Comment

Nice stuff.... Did you shoot them yourself?

Comment

Originally posted by bucciali View Post
        Where did you find the VIN?
        I found out a long time ago. I don't know anymore where i found it, to be honest.

I do rember though that i found it like this: L9C80TRLE2363006. I compared it with other Spyker VIN numbers and noticed that it was one digit shorter, so i put an X in front of it because all the Spyker VINs that i know start with XL.
        So technically speaking it might not be correct!

Originally posted by JVProduction View Post
        Nice stuff.... Did you shoot them yourself?
        No i didn't, thanks for reminding me (I edited my post!)

Comment

VIN number #006

I edited #006. I changed the VIN number. Initially i stated the chassisnumber to be XL9C80TRLE2363006. But now i think that's incorrect. All other chassisnumbers i found, including race chassisnumbers, have a Z as the 11th digit and not a 2. I guess someone made a typo...

In my opinion, the correct VIN number is: XL9C80TRLEZ363006

Comment

Some extra press pics.

image_912.jpgimage_913.jpgimage_914.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Laviolette GT2R View Post
              I found out a long time ago. I don't know anymore where i found it, to be honest.
              This is going to be interesting, given the fact that SpykerCH claims that the Russian DuoPenotti Double12S has VIN 006

Comment

<put into the right thread>

------> VIN 019

Comment

Originally posted by bucciali View Post
                  This is going to be interesting, given the fact that SpykerCH claims that the Russian DuoPenotti Double12S has VIN 006
                  I think SpykerCH is right about some road legal Double 12S having #006 but I think it is not the car he is referring to (http://www.spykerowner.com/forum/uno...notti-car.html - post #2)

I received a lot of photographs from bucciali when we worked on the Double 12 thread (http://www.spykerowner.com/forum/uno...12-thread.html) together and this set, which was taken on april 25 2007, is rather interesting:

2271277507_846f701814_b.jpg2271278963_9e3f860778_b.jpg2272067714_4ef2b416af_b.jpg2272069132_f14007b47e_b.jpg

According to SpykerCH, which is the owner of Speedy Garage and has it for sale, this Double 12 has VIN #129 (http://www.spykerowner.com/forum/uno...1-100-a-3.html - post #28). But on the last photograph you can see a glimpse of the VIN plate and it definitely does not say #129. The last digit is not clearly visible but the two in front are: 00.

This could mean that #129 is actually #006, that would indicate that the race chassis which was first used to race at Sebring and at the Le Mans testday was later used to build this Double 12S...

Comment

Originally posted by Laviolette GT2R View Post
                    This could mean that #129 is actually #006, that would indicate that the race chassis which was first used to race at Sebring and at the Le Mans testday was later used to build this Double 12S...
                    Well, Wouter's visit to Speedy Garage proved that I was WRNG...

http://www.spykerowner.com/forum/spy...-lausanne.html (post #3)

Comment

When #034 received the chassis of #006, #006 apparantly got chasis #034 as this photograph suggests:
                      #034_Double 12R.jpg

Comment

... why would one do that????

Comment

Apparantly #034 needed a new chassis. I don't know why but it probably was damaged somehow. #006 was no longer actively campaigned at that moment but only used as a static display (disguised as a #009 Orange sponsored look-alike, note the black windows and the absence of the official Le Mans 24 hour stickers as opposed to the real #009) and because this was the first race chassis it was still very close (if not exactly the same) to chassis used for the Double 12S streetcar (later chassis #009 and #019 allready used carbon fibre, note the difference between both frontsplitters for instance). The handle of the glovecompartment on early photographs of the Duo-penotti Double 12 clearly shows 034 engraved so this one must have had VIN #034 initially. The first Double 12R was definitely #006. When the chassis were swapped the VIN numbers must have been swapped also as later photographs show a normal (without VIN engaved) glovecompartment handle. At the last factory visit, the Duo-penotti Double 12 was also there and I saw blue crates with #006 on them standing beside the car. So to answer your question: #034 needed a new chassis and #006 did not really need it anymore. Apparantly the chassis of #034 was still good enough to fit under the racecar so that it could still be used as a static display I guess.

#034 with engraved glovecompartmenthandle.jpg #034 without engraved glovecompartmenthandle.jpg #009 and #006 dressed as #009 look-alike.jpg
                          Last edited by Laviolette GT2R; 24-04-2011, 14:20. Reason: added some photographs

Comment

Interesting story!

Comment

... and how do you break an almost new chassis? Without our SpykerOwner community, and without car spotters noticing...? Any accident with a Spyker gets headlines of a newspaper! I still don't understand. And a damage to the chassis, but not to the bodywork seems impossible to me... /// MYSTERIOUS !!!

Comment

Working...
                              X