No announcement yet.

#021 - C8 Spyder T - Silver/Green

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There is some confusion about what the VIN is of the C8 spyder T.. I hope we can sort it out.
    Anyway here is another picture of it in the factory, with what seems to be #002
    021 + 002 prob.jpg
    The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do

Comment

Didn't saw this picture in this thread yet.
      Attached Files
      Olav

Instagram
      https://www.instagram.com/3stfotografie/?hl=nl

Comment

This is news to me. So, somewhere, there is a twin-turbo, 525 hp wide-body C8 Spyder?

But what's this about no engine? How could it be twin-turbo . . . but no engine?
        With Tenacity, No Roof Is Impossible

Comment

Originally posted by OnTheLam View Post
          This is news to me. So, somewhere, there is a twin-turbo, 525 hp wide-body C8 Spyder?

But what's this about no engine? How could it be twin-turbo . . . but no engine?
          As far as I know this is only a prototype. The Spyker T never went into production. The "wide-body" has become the standard.

Comment

But somebody's got it?

Comment

no they just showed a shell with prospective performance figures. Sadly, the engine was never built (as far as I know). I think I read somewhere that Spyker and Cosworth would develop the engine, but things between them didn't quite work out and there were cooling problems. Anyone got anything on this?

Comment

Thanks, that is interesting, and sounds like it is what happened, or we'd all know about it, I'll bet.

Merry Christmas!
                Last edited by F Spider; 07-03-2023, 14:34.

Comment

J_C form the Koenigsegg forum found the VIN of #021 in a Beijing database, but it has 18 digits: XL913A21G06Z363021... This can not be correct and apart from that the structure is also very strange. So I guess the 13 sequence is actually a B making it more like a normal structure and 17 digits: XL9BA21G06Z363021. This VIN has a correct check digit but unfortunately has no hits.
                  Winning on sunday, selling on monday!

Comment

... is this car now a Laviolette, or still a Spyder? Did it ever get an engine, and is it road legal?

Comment

This car is now a Laviolette with a (standard) engine and it's roadlegal.
                      Winning on sunday, selling on monday!

Comment

... did the original Spyder have a leather dash or a turned aluminium dash? This thread shows both... Would also be curious to see today's #021!!! Laviolette!

Comment

Video of #021

https://youtu.be/B919ae2FXQQ
                          Scott

Comment

image_18900.jpg image_18901.jpg image_18902.jpg image_18903.jpg Not sure why I never showed my pics of this car at IAA 2003 in here... so here we go.
                            Last edited by F Spider; 07-03-2023, 14:32.

Comment

Originally posted by amzamz View Post
                              ... did the original Spyder have a leather dash or a turned aluminium dash?
                              To me it looks like normal painted metal, repainted to dark green for Pebble Beach

Comment

Working...
                              X