Spyker Keydates 2009

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AX lover View Post
    Spyker won't attend the AutoRAI 2009 in Amsterdam! A lot of other brands also skip the show this year. But since 2001 (or 1999?) Spyker had been present every time the show was held. It is a shame...

Source: Veel merken niet op AutoRAI, AutoTelegraaf.nl nieuws
    I have removed AutoRAI 2009 from the list. It is a pity but I understand that Spyker is not going with the new Auto Show format.

Comment

Originally posted by Wouter View Post
      ...the new Auto Show format.
      What is this new format about? De Telegraaf said 'new format' too, but didn't explain what will change.

Comment

Originally posted by bucciali View Post
        What is this new format about? De Telegraaf said 'new format' too, but didn't explain what will change.
        Usually every brand has its own stand. At the next AutoRAI they will sort the cars per model genre:

- Ecofuture
        - Familycars
        - Adventure
        - Sports and Luxury
        - Citycars
        - Cabriolets

Source: AUTOGESPOT - Eindelijk duidelijkheid over AutoRAI 2009

To bad Spyker won't attend on an AutoShow in it's country of origin

Niels

Comment

Originally posted by JoeD View Post
          At the next AutoRAI they will sort the cars per model genre.
          Ha! what a stupid idea!

Might seem logical in theory, but in practice it is really not interesting for the brands. having their own stands allows manufacturers to demonstrate, or visualise if you like, their brand.

With the suggested setup, the brand only gets to place a car in the particular pavillion, or what? No chance for the brand to welcome customers in the atmosphere that is part of the brand, if you ask me!

Comment

But the traditional setup ius too expensive. That setup costs 1 million per brand and now the costs are 80% lower.

And I guess you know that the automotive sector doesn't have so much money at the moment...

Comment

Originally posted by AX lover View Post
              But the traditional setup ius too expensive. That setup costs 1 million per brand and now the costs are 80% lower.

And I guess you know that the automotive sector doesn't have so much money at the moment...
              I fully understand the necessity to bring down costs involved in this exhibition. I just wonder whether manufacturers and consumers are ready for such a new setup.
              I mean, I don't go browsing dealerships on my free Saturday only looking at the cabriolets or adventurous cars in the different showrooms, completely ignoring the other models that dealer may have. I guess that is how dealers see the setup. Their models will be scattered around the show. How would they sit down with a customer and talk business? The Mercedes' and BMW's of the show always have fancy boots and VIP rooms for this purpose.

Another problem of the AutoRai organisers (and car show organisers in general) is the fact that every 'respectable' country (and even city! in the USA particularly) wants to have their own show and that as a result, there are many many shows to choose from. We all know that in Europe, the Geneva Salon is the #1 show. Most prestigious and by far the preferred show for manufactures to present new models. This show gets tremendous media coverage. Depending on when models are ready to be unveiled, manufacturers might choose the Paris motorshow, or even the Frankfurt show.

So with so many shows being held and the manufacturers trying to minimise PR/Marketing spend, they will be more particular as to what show they do and what show they don't want to attend. I believe we already saw this effect in the recent 2 Autorai's.

And another thing. Even though the Netherlands is Spyker's home country, if AutoRai participation costs manufacturers around $1 Million, I can understand why Spyker does not participate! There's more potential customers in other markets.

Comment

Originally posted by bucciali View Post
                I just wonder whether manufacturers and consumers are ready for such a new setup.
                I know I won't be attending the AutoRAI because of the new setup. I am only interested in a couple of car brands. I am not going to walk all over the RAI just to see if I can locate my favourite cars some where.

Comment

Originally posted by SpykerOwner View Post
                  I know I won't be attending the AutoRAI because of the new setup. I am only interested in a couple of car brands. I am not going to walk all over the RAI just to see if I can locate my favourite cars some where.
                  +1.

That's exactly what I was thinking.....

Comment

Originally posted by Spyker 007 View Post
                    +1.

That's exactly what I was thinking.....
                    Let's see if the new AutoRai setup can draw enough crowd - The "Piet&Nel, het Bonduel-stel" couples, testing the Asian SUVs for leg space and number of stow-away compartments
                    Last edited by bucciali; 25-10-2009, 22:35.

Comment

Originally posted by SpykerOwner View Post
                      I agree...I loved the AutoRAI but I'm not going this year....Thank goodness Spyker is going to be present in Geneva.......

Comment

Two more key date ideas from Victor:

April 2009, during the NY autoshow. We should try to get as many as possible Spykers together in front of the Javits Center. Manhattan Motorcars, which has Spyker on display, is right there inside the main entrance building.

From there we can go for a drive and dinner together. More details to follow, but I am in

August 2009, Pebble beach. The same thing.
                        Rijk

Comment

Originally posted by F Spider View Post
                          Two more key date ideas from Victor:

April 2009, during the NY autoshow. We should try to get as many as possible Spykers together in front of the Javits Center. Manhattan Motorcars, which has Spyker on display, is right there inside the main entrance building.

From there we can go for a drive and dinner together. More details to follow, but I am in

August 2009, Pebble beach. The same thing.
                          Great idea . The two Spyker “drive and dinner” meetings are in the list now. For the moment I have added “in development”.

Comment

Did SpykerCars attend the Abu Dhabi International Motor in December last year?

I haven’t seen/found pictures or news items about it..

Comment

i doubt very much that Spyker was there.
                              I've seen several galleries that did not include any Spyker coverage.

Comment

Wasn't the LM85 there? Or was that another show in the same region?

Comment

Working...
                                X