No announcement yet.

guess the chassis number

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great work on 14 Scott! Nice to see it has a hard top!
    Winning on sunday, selling on monday!

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Triplitt View Post
      ... Please be patient. ...
      ... did you come to a conclusion?

Comment

... let me continue with a few Karmann bodied Spyders in silver. I have number plates but what are the chassis numbers? Here is number 15. California.

Edit: Identified as #094.
        Attached Files
        Last edited by amzamz; 13-02-2015, 20:03.

Comment

... number 16. California.

Edit: identified as #111.
          Attached Files
          Last edited by amzamz; 21-02-2015, 00:21.

Comment

... number 17. Texas.

Edit: Identified as #117.
            Attached Files
            Last edited by amzamz; 13-02-2015, 20:06.

Comment

... number 18.
              Attached Files

Comment

... number 19.
                Attached Files

Comment

... number 20.

Edit: Identified as #154.
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by amzamz; 13-02-2015, 20:04.

Comment

... number 21.
                    Attached Files

Comment

... number 22. British Columbia.

Edit: Identified as #212.
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by amzamz; 13-02-2015, 20:07.

Comment

... last one for today. Number 23.

Edit: Identified as #096.
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by amzamz; 13-02-2015, 19:55.

Comment

Originally posted by amzamz View Post
                          ... did you come to a conclusion?
                          Edit.

I'll try again to identify the VIN for Pic 13. There are three CPP body cars that have louvers on the front fenders, rectangular reflectors, and are painted a color that is close to the "washed out" color shown in Pic 13. VIN 010 is black and was shown in the Forum as being in LA. VIN 032 is black and was shown for sale at Symbolic Motors in La Jolla, although a comment on the Forum indicated that it had once been exported from New York to France. VIN 030 apparently has been black and also tungsten grey and was extensively repaired at Beerens, where it was given louvered front fenders. Now, with the Belgium license plates shown in Pic 13, the faintly visible Beerens graphics on the driver's door, the rectangular reflectors, the black or tungsten paint, and the history of VIN 030 documented on the Forum, I submit that Pic 13 is VIN 030 after it was repaired at Beerens.

Please ignore this analysis. It proved incorrect.

Pic 13 is either VIN #013 or #026. If I could see the dashboard in the pic, I'd know for sure. However, since the license plate in pic 13 is a Belgium dealer plate and since the owner license plate on #026 is Belgium, I will say that pic 13 is VIN #026.

The disturbing thing about my analysis is that the driver in pic 13 looks just like the driver in this photo of VIN #013:

http://www.spykerowner.com/forum/att...9&d=1205945151.

And if one looks at the driver's side of pic#13, one can faintly see what could be the word "Beerens" posted on the side of the door. Perhaps another rally that VIN #013 participated in?? But with A British license plate of KS03 FWR on VIN #013 , I'll put my money on VIN #026.

In any event, my final answer is VIN #026!
                          Last edited by Scott Triplitt; 07-02-2015, 20:21.
                          Scott

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Triplitt View Post
                            Pic 13 is either VIN #013 or #026. If I could see the dashboard in the pic, I'd know for sure. However, since the license plate in pic 13 is a Belgium dealer plate and since the owner license plate on #026 is Belgium, I will say that pic 13 is VIN #026.

The disturbing thing about my analysis is that the driver in pic 13 looks just like the driver in this photo of VIN #013:

http://www.spykerowner.com/forum/att...9&d=1205945151.

And if one looks at the driver's side of pic#13, one can faintly see what could be the word "Beerens" posted on the side of the door. Perhaps another rally that VIN #013 participated in??

In any event, my final answer is VIN #026!

Beerens was de Belgian Spyker dealer, located in Antwerp.
                            The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do

Comment

All in all, you have quite a collection, Amz! Sure some of these pictures concern unkown VINs such as #12, #23, #25, #51, #62, etc...
                              Last edited by IVR007; 06-02-2015, 23:40. Reason: Typo
                              The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do

Comment

Originally posted by IVR007 View Post
                                Beerens was de Belgian Spyker dealer, located in Antwerp.
                                Hi IRV007,

Thanks! Then, maybe the Spyker in pic 13 with the Belgium plates is VIN #026.
                                Scott

Comment

Working...
                                X