No announcement yet.

#252 - C8 Aileron

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You know what I think is really a pain with the aileron? The position of the rear wheels. I just feel that if they would be placed a bit more to the outside, they'd just fill the wheel arches that much better. Maybe different rims will do the job. Black looks very good on it though, very sincere.

Comment

Originally posted by Reddingius View Post
      You know what I think is really a pain with the aileron? The position of the rear wheels. I just feel that if they would be placed a bit more to the outside, they'd just fill the wheel arches that much better. Maybe different rims will do the job. Black looks very good on it though, very sincere.
      You need to see a pattern. Car designers are never giving everything away all at once. Think about the original C8. Later they added the wide body

I would think you can expect something similar with the Aileron. Probably paired with a more powerful engine (Not that I know anything, just seeing patterns......)
      Last edited by F Spider; 29-01-2021, 06:19.
      Rijk

Comment

I won't be surprised to see the Cadillac CTS-V engine in the Aileron. It has a supercharger and Spyker will use the engine in the D8 SSUV.

And I remember that Spyker wanted to stop using the Audi V8 in eventually.
        Last edited by F Spider; 29-01-2021, 06:19.

Comment

I'm starting to like the Aileron more and more! Nice pictures guy's!

Comment

Check out this gallery
            Last edited by bucciali; 25-10-2009, 22:31.

Comment

The car looks absolutely stunning in those shots, love it! I'm not a fan of the new AC vents in the dash though, and are there any other wheels available? I also think that for their next line of vehicles, they really should do away with the aviation-theme. Their heritage in that respect isn't that awe-inspiring. For that reason I can't get used to the side air intakes, the're just a bit to much..

Comment

Still not used to the air intakes either...

Comment

image_5161.jpg Yes, could someone maybe photoshop an aileron with more pleasing air intakes? Then we can suggest that to Spyker as a facelift possibility

[Edit: Had a go at it myself: (with paint though:lol]
                  Last edited by F Spider; 29-01-2021, 06:18.

Comment

Now that's hot.

Just make sure they're functional.

Comment

Exactly, gotta have functionality! The lower ones could be brake cooling ducts, the upper ones could have little radiators behind them and the roof-mounted one would have to be the engine air intake.

I actually like the car better this way, maybe I should apply for a job at spyker?

Comment

Originally posted by Reddingius View Post
                        I actually like the car better this way, maybe I should apply for a job at spyker?
                        yes do it! Then we have ourself another 'insider':lol::lol:
                        Last edited by F Spider; 29-01-2021, 06:17.
                        The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do

Comment

Geneva2009_002.JPG Aileron_Aeroblade wheels.jpg Aileron_Aeroblade wheels_old air intakes.jpg

Sorry for the poor quality...
                          Winning on sunday, selling on monday!

Comment

Aubergine - Magnolia with Satin accents...jpg

With satin accents, which makes her a bit more agressive...
                            Winning on sunday, selling on monday!

Comment

I also don't like the chrome rims. When they are silver, black or satin it is much better.

Comment

@ Laviolette GT2R:

Nice job, I like it better this way. What do you think?
                                About the new rims, I don't like them when the're chromed but I just don't like them very much in general either. They are too 'flat' in my opinion, the centres should fall back a bit.
                                Last edited by F Spider; 29-01-2021, 06:17.

Comment

Working...
                                X