No announcement yet.

spyker d8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Spyker is set to unveil a revised D8 Peking to Paris super-SUV at next year’s Geneva motor show, eight years after the original concept appeared" (source)

That would make it 6 concept models which cannot be purchased! D8/12, Aileron Spyder, Venator, Venator Spyder, Zagato, LaTurbie. And 3 models which are out of production. C8 Spyder, Laviolette, Double12. How much more teasing is necessary ??? :lol::lol::lol:

Comment

Interesting Amz. But also this:

Spyker will outsource the build of the B6. The firm’s current model, the C8 Aileron, is built at its Zeewolde HQ, but with the new, less costly model expected to sell in larger numbers, it doesn’t have sufficient capacity there.

Muller wouldn’t be drawn on the identity of the partner, although it has an existing technical tie-up with Lotus Engineering. “We really need to have very high-quality craftsmen that understand how to build a car, so we will probably end up in Germany or in England,” he said.
      Looks like that partner has not been selected yet.
      The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do

Comment

Spyker will outsource the build of the B6. The firm’s current model, the C8 Aileron, is built at its Zeewolde HQ, but with the new, less costly model expected to sell in larger numbers, it doesn’t have sufficient capacity there.

From what I could decipher out of the annual report, it seems that Spyker does not even possess all of the tooling to make the Aileron! Apparently it's all tied up in some legal issues?

With all the debt restructuring Spyker seems to be constantly doing it's a wonder to me how they are still in business. And they haven't produced a car in over three years.

The annual report says they're looking for investors. Who would bite?

I love Spyker cars but I have no idea what they're doing anymore.

Comment

Yes, that's right. I speculate that they're not even able to produce bodies in white. That might explain a revenue of a mere 682k EUR. With an operating result of -5.1m EUR the money brought in by Youngman is diminishing fast. They still need investments for completion of the B6 and a factory that will build it. In September Spyker will also lose its listing at the NYSE stock exchange making it even harder to raise capital.

I guess winning the lawsuit against GM (time consuming) or finding a new investor is the only way out.

Comment

Originally posted by IVR007 View Post
            I guess winning the lawsuit against GM (time consuming) or finding a new investor is the only way out.
            You forgot capital-wasting.

Seriously, how much money has Spyker wasted on this unwinnable lawsuit? People might take it more seriously if they weren't asking for such an absurd amount of money based on a speculative future value of a bankrupt company given a perfect set of occurances. When I first heard about it I thought it was a joke. Even if they were to win, their damages might be $1 (see: USFL v. NFL lawsuit). It's been dismissed once, what makes them think they have a case?

So Spyker turned to the Chinese, like everyone does when they're desperate (see Fisker). Spyker is more Chinese than Dutch now, and yet still they're going to need more money to survive. The Chinese have deep pockets, but they're not stupid.

In the meantime, Spyker teases us with the B6, a product that might very well find a niche and make the company viable. But it will take huge capital outlays to bring to market, and will have to be built on contract, a la Fisker (shudder).

I think back to 2009 when the Aileron was revealed, the company was riding high. It really looked like they were headed in the right direction. But by early 2010 C8 production had virtually stopped. Remember after AX lover got banned, and some new guy Binkie or something (who I think was really AX lover) came on and was saying basically that Spyker was in a death spiral? I was one of Spyker's biggest defender back then.

But I have to be realistic at this point. They haven't built a car in over three years; production Ailerons are still a rumor; they don't even possess the tooling to build more if they wanted to; in any case their NHTSA exemptions have long since expired in the U.S.; the D8 is a pipe dream whose time has most likely passed; and by their own admission they lack the capital to bring their only viable new product to market.

And yet Victor has a plan to revive Spyker? He must be one hell of a salesman.

Sorry to be the wet blanket on the party guys. I really love Spykers, and that 2009 C8 Laviolette is still to this day at my local dealer, calling my name. But I don't think we'll ever see Spyker in that place again.
            Last edited by Mattjs33; 16-08-2013, 21:25.

Comment

They probably found a firm or investor willing to pay for the lawyers when costs get above a certain point (in exchange for a percentage) but its already taken up almost 2m from Spyker. There is a chance they could win or at least that's the judgement their law firm (Patton Boggs) made.

If anything I wouldn't bet against Victor for making a new deal to save the company from bankruptcy but the question is - will cars be build?

Comment

Working...
              X