Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why Spyker

Hello Everyone,

I am new to the Spyker Forum as this is my first post. I am an avid sports car buff who is seriously looking at purchasing and enjoying Spyker. It is my hope that enthusiasts here can share with me there opinion of the important differences and reasons to own Spyker vs the other major sport car manufactures? In addition, should I be concerned that owning a Spyker would be difficult to resell if for any number of reasons I desired to put my car up for sale. Or I am looking at substantial depreciation loss?

I am very impressed with the craftsmanship and purity of purpose of the car!
    Thank you so much for your inputs.
    Sincerely,
    Alex365

The best thing it to attend a Ferrari or Lamborghini event with a Spyker. It makes all the exotics look like mass produced cars.

There are many posts on this forum about the lightness and purity of the Spyker, so I don't have to elaborate on that.

The depreciation has already taken place, and you can get an incredible car for a reasonable price. Above that, maintenance is very reasonable compared to any other exotic, so I would say go for it

BTW, where are you located?
    Rijk

Comment

Alex: mostly what Rijk said...in my neighborhood it's not all that uncommon to see ferraris, lambos and the like but a Spyker is a much rarer sighting. I also think it's one of few cars that's stunning from every angle and is as beautiful on the inside as it is on the outside.

On the maintenance side, I've actually had very few issues and those that I do have are handled with a lot of attention from Spyker. Audi makes a very reliable engine!

One of the things that pushed me in the direction of buying was the Top Gear video avail for viewing on YouTube. Those guys are always critical of cars but they were frothing over about the Spyker...or better yet, take a test drive and you will also be sold!

Good luck shopping.

Comment

Why Spyker.....

The most beautifull car there is.
        Performance is very good.
        No plastics.
        Unique.
        100% handmade.

I enjoy every minute driving in my C8 Spyder.
        Is't not only a car, it's a part of your own

So... why not?

Dutchdude
        Spykerowner #141
        sigpic

Comment

Thank you Riji and Swisstrader for your insight and comments.

I am looking for a great sports car that I can settle on and enjoy for years to come. So I am not always looking for something different or with the slight styling changes. I really like the purity of the concept of this car, (IMO similiar to Lotus) but in addition, the beauty of the exterior lines and beauty and combination of natural materials on the inside is phenomenal. No other manufacture seems to put that all together in this price range.

I have seen the Top Gear video and Jeremy seems to be both positive and a bit critical towards the end. The only car I have seen him extremely positive on was the Carrera GT and the Ford GT.

My biggest reservation is the very limited numbers (which is good for exclusivity) which maybe a refection of interest and thus significantly may limit or reduce resale value.

There seems to be a number of left over 06's and 09's; and I should be able to find either a Laviolette or a Spyder for a reduced price off of MSRP.

I did drive a Laviolette a few weeks ago and was blown away by the feel, the sounds, and the nimbliness of the chassis. Of course, that gear shifter is incredibly precise and wonderful in it's feel. It is a drivers car! Do you have any other thoughts or comments?

Thank you,
          Alex365

Comment

I apologize Dutchdude, I didn't see your comments before my reply.
            Very nice summary on why, and I am glad to sense that you will own this car for a very long time!
            Yours,
            Alex365

Comment

Alex,

Why dont you come to the Spyker party this weekend, and meet with Victor Muller and some Spyker owners. That will pull you off the fence
              Rijk

Comment

Hi Rijk

That sounds like a great idea; however, I already have a major commitment. How long have you owned your car and have you enjoyed any other sports cars?

Alex365

Comment

Working...
                X