No announcement yet.

Propeller style steering wheel wanted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1 more left; there is one going to the Ukraine !! a cognac.

Comment

Last one going to Cali in Tropicana Orange? :-)

Comment

And again a Lambo to propellor conversion !!

Comment

So, there were 51 propeller steering wheels. Five years ago we made seven hubs, but no steering wheels. How many did you add? I still have one of the old aluminum rims on my garage wall, but no hub.
          Rijk

Comment

I have made a batch of 30 wheels and about 25 hubs.

There have been a few guys buying the wheel as art on their office desk.

Comment

Since there are no more Steering wheels; please post here if there is still interest.. maybe when there are multiple requests i can do a small production run (only when it can cover the engineering costs of a new mold)
              Last edited by Jasperdd; 02-01-2019, 15:10.

Comment

Christmas was good to 089. Saint Jasper's gift to Spyker owners worldwide was finally installed over the holidays and is looking fantastic.
                Attached Files

Comment

I think that you need to turn the steering wheel 90°, if your wheels are straight. The straps are where your hands are not...
                  Rijk

Comment

Hi Doug, good to see you managed to put the wheel on yourself !

Happy with the quality ?

Comment

• Originally posted by F Spider View Post
                      I think that you need to turn the steering wheel 90°, if your wheels are straight. The straps are where your hands are not...
                      Thanks, got it on correct but picture was taken as I had turned to pull into the garage.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jasperdd View Post
                        Hi Doug, good to see you managed to put the wheel on yourself !

Happy with the quality ?
                        Perfect !

Comment

• Originally posted by mrleed View Post
                          Thanks, got it on correct but picture was taken as I had turned to pull into the garage.
                          Just had to make sure, because Victor berated me for putting mine on wrong
                          Rijk

Comment

• That's funny as the steeringwheels mounted by the factory are not done so the same way. Some have the wrapped sides up / down and some have these at the sides where your hands are. So it seems that there is not a 'mandatory' way to do it and that it's more like personal preference.
                            Winning on sunday, selling on monday!

Comment

• Originally posted by Laviolette GT2R View Post
                              That's funny as the steeringwheels mounted by the factory are not done so the same way. Some have the wrapped sides up / down and some have these at the sides where your hands are. So it seems that there is not a 'mandatory' way to do it and that it's more like personal preference.
                              That is also how I heared it from Spyker mechanics.

Comment

• Originally posted by Laviolette GT2R View Post
                                That's funny as the steeringwheels mounted by the factory are not done so the same way. Some have the wrapped sides up / down and some have these at the sides where your hands are. So it seems that there is not a 'mandatory' way to do it and that it's more like personal preference.

Especially when you have the leather in a light color, I would want the wrapped parts on the top and bottom part of the steering wheel. The smooth part is way easier to clean thoroughly.

Comment

Working...
                                X