White/Blue C8 Double12 S

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• White/Blue C8 Double12 S

Here's one of the reasons why the C8 Double 12 S is my favourite model.

Photos are from the Luxury Car Show, helt in Vienna.

Great colour combo, IMO.

A pity the "American" steering wheel (with airbag, correct?) is in it. The original fly wheel design was so much cooler. But I guess that has gone out of production? I noticed that the purple C8 Double 12 on Dutch plates also had this American steering (picture)
    Last edited by bucciali; 25-10-2009, 22:37.

Nice photo's

Comment

Well, you're welcome.

but you should thank Apacuki on Flickr. He shared them there, on a Creative Commons License, allowing non-commercial use.

Comment

Originally posted by bucciali View Post
        Here's one of the reasons why the C8 Double 12 S is my favourite model.

Photos are from the Luxury Car Show, helt in Vienna.

Great colour combo, IMO.

A pity the "American" steering wheel (with airbag, correct?) is in it. The original fly wheel design was so much cooler. But I guess that has gone out of production? I noticed that the purple C8 Double 12 on Dutch plates also had this American steering (picture)
        Indeed a great color combination.

The original fly wheel design is still available. I met F Spider last weekend and he collected one for his Spyker last week at the factory.

Comment

Ahah. I wonder whether installing the fly wheel is allowed? It probably is, if you see it as an after-market accessory .

The airbag steering wheel was mandatory for the US-market type approval, wasn't it?

Btw. I'd love to see some prove of this D12S being driven, just like the Russian one.

Comment

The air-bag is only mandatory for a vehicle to be sold by a manufacturer here for road use.

To pass a U.S. inspection in most states, you don't need a driver airbag. Such is the case in NY and presumably in every other state.

Passenger air bag is a much different story. I believe it is illegal to disable to passenger air bag...

Comment

That color combination is the same as the Maserati MC12. Must look nice next to each other. The interior has the high polished aluminum and the (very expensive) Chronoswiss dials and switches.
              Rijk

Comment

I just love this colour combination. However, they should get rid of the ugly steering wheel and replace that for the propellor version. But we know the reason why that ugly steering wheel is in place.

@Rijk: great you changed your wheel for the propellor version. But then again, you're a perfectionist
                ______

Mel

Comment

Apparently this car is for sale, its in the Ukraine: FerrariChat.com
                  Rijk

Comment

It's a bit too much Maserati look for me, but I do like the colorcombination
                    Digi-Shape Auto Fotografie
                    Digi-Shape Auto Posters

Comment

Just to keep this thread up-to-date...

The 'white-blue' C8 Double 12 S is currently for sale, as Chopster already indicated in the 'Currently for Sale' thread.

Comment

Working...
                      X