#250 - C8 Aileron - Champion Silver / Tropicana Orange

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• #250 - C8 Aileron - Champion Silver / Tropicana Orange

image_1014.jpgimage_1015.jpg According to Victor, the new Aileron has chassis number 237.

The car was today at the factory. So, I've got to see the car after all in person after all. I think that the lines are so much better that the old LWB.
    Last edited by F Spider; 29-01-2021, 06:50.
    Rijk

I totally agree with you. I tried to locate the VIN at the Spyker stand in Geneva but no luck. So thanks (on behalf of AX Lover )

Comment

Wow - that does look nice

Comment

His headlamps remind me MASER GT,so that means price of old c8 lwd drop down?

Comment

Originally posted by chopster View Post
          His headlamps remind me MASER GT,so that means price of old c8 lwd drop down?
          Yes, all C8 prices have been lowered. This is hard on people trying to sell second hand Spykers.
          Rijk

Comment

Originally posted by F Spider View Post
            Yes, all C8 prices have been lowered. This is hard on people trying to sell second hand Spykers.
            Yeah, moving used ones is really tough. With the limited warranty and few trained techs, people are scared of them. I'm not interested in selling mine so I'm not hurt yet--kind of like buying stocks. You only lose the money at the time that you sell.

The F430 coupe market is REALLY soft as well. You can get them for under sticker for the first time. I have seem some used ones for as little as $165k here in the US. They have 10k miles on them but that is still REALLY low. The dramatic shift in the economy has really hit and the weak dollar has not helped at all.
            Last edited by F Spider; 29-01-2021, 06:49.

Comment

What a beautifull car. The shapes are really nice to see. And I like the orange leather.

Comment

Picture of the VIN, at 2008 Beijing Auto Show. Can't make much of it
                .....but it doesn't look like it ends with 237
                Last edited by F Spider; 29-01-2021, 06:49.

Comment

Originally posted by bucciali View Post
                  Picture of the VIN, at 2008 Beijing Auto Show. Can't make much of it
                  .....but it doesn't look like it ends with 237
                  My guess would be #208

Comment

image_2224.jpgimage_2225.jpgimage_2226.jpgimage_2228.jpgimage_2229.jpg Found these pictures, of what seems to be a photo shoot or photo shop with the C8 Aileron, on a Chinese site;
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by F Spider; 29-01-2021, 06:48.

Comment

@bucialli, can you find that picture in a higher resolution?

Comment

Originally posted by AX lover View Post
                        @bucialli, can you find that picture in a higher resolution?
                        Sorry, nope. That's as good as it gets.
                        There are tons of photos of this years Beijing Motor Show, but unfortunately NONE of the photographers thought of taking a shot of the VIN plate.

Comment

Spyker C8 Aileron presented on 2008 Beijing Motor Show

Some nice clear shots of the C8 Aileron on stand at the 10th Beijing International Automotive Exhibition (Auto China 2008), including some where it is being prepared for display.

Comment

I remember reading in the aileron's press-release that it would have upright shock absorbers as opposed to the horizontally placed shocks in the regular models. But on the picture of the bonnet being opened, you can clearly see the old shock setup. Do you think they changed their minds or is this something that will have changed on the definitive model?

Comment

I think the last option

Remember that this is just a prototype. They had an old C8 Double12 chassis and put a new body over it just in time for the Geneva carshow.

After that the development of everything under the body started. So I guess when you open up the 'new' Aileron that will be unveiled in LA (or was it NY?) will be completly different than this Aileron.

Comment

Working...
                              X