X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Very funny

Comment

• Angry Chinese driver tows Range Rover back to dealer with donkeys

A man in Shenyang, China was reportedly so frustrated with his 2010 Land Rover Range Rover breaking down that he towed it back to the dealer and asked for a full refund. To add a little insult to his heady request, the spurned owner towed the stricken SUV with a pair of donkeys.

Apparently the guy paid ¥2 million (about $304,000) for the English SUV in 2010. Since the purchase, the car reportedly broke down six times and eventually needed a new engine. When it died a seventh time, the owner was apparently at wit's end. The stunt managed to hammer the point home in a much less destructive manner than a certain Lamborghini owner recently chose. According to Asian auto news outlet TheTycho, the doubtlessly dumbfounded dealer refused to give the customer a refund.
      Attached Files

Comment

• Vo-Lo-Vo

... come on! Post here! Days after days, and nothing comes...

If you don't, I will! Look at this beauty! :lol:
        Attached Files

Comment

• Words fail me.

Comment

• Originally posted by amzamz View Post
            ... come on! Post here! Days after days, and nothing comes...
            Okay then, here you go...

This is a picture of a 2000 Talbo Series 1. These were obviously a recreation of the Talbot-Lago T150SS Tear Drop Coupe. These were built to order in Florida on a bespoke frame using a hand-laid fiberglass body. For the Series 1 up until 2001 they used a fuel injected 302 Ford engine, after that for the Series 2 a Jaguar V8 was used. They built around 20 of them. Not sure if the company is still in business but here is the website: TLC Carrossiers, Inc

I took this crappy cell phone picture last year; this particular car was in for service at the very same garage I use for service! They have worked on it on several occasions, so I have seen it before and since. It is owned by a local businessman here in town with a pretty interesting collection, including Excaliburs and Bentleys.

Anyway, it's a rare one, thought I'd share!
            Attached Files

Comment

• Posted by Chris on FB
              Attached Files

Comment

• :lol::lol::lol:

Comment

• ... wonderful Japanese pre-war cars, or cars in Japan... the Fiat racer was delivering 130HP from a 16,000cc engine! I also like the "family car"...
                  Attached Files

Comment

• ... half way around the earth in 1 minute.
                    + YouTube Video
                    ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
                    Last edited by amzamz; 21-09-2011, 06:42.

Comment

• ... just in case you run out of ideas! Here is what you can try to beat! :lol:

+ YouTube Video
                      ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Comment

• ... a remarkable story, which I must have totally missed back in 2004. Taiwan. A whale stranded, and the local university wanted to have it. There we go! The full story and more pictures you find elsewhere...
                        (source and many more)

Hmmm... a humble display of Taiwanese curiosity, persistence and intelligence!

Remember: Do never want to have a whale carcass, even if it comes for free!!!
                        Attached Files

Comment

• ... ahem! This would then be another display of "intelligent human behaviour"... I knew this one for a while, but it fits the above context, so I thought you might enjoy this.

+ YouTube Video

Comment

• :lol:

I hadn't seen this one before.

Comment

• Originally posted by amzamz View Post
                              ... a remarkable story, which I must have totally missed back in 2004. Taiwan. A whale stranded, and the local university wanted to have it. There we go! The full story and more pictures you find elsewhere...
                              (source and many more)

Hmmm... a humble display of Taiwanese curiosity, persistence and intelligence!

Remember: Do never want to have a whale carcass, even if it comes for free!!!
                              I saw a documentary on Discovery Channel (i think it was) about this occurence. Amaizing story.

Comment

Working...
                              X