Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did the group also go for a drive?

Comment

Over the Golden Gate Bridge to and from dinner, but that was all we had time for that night. We were constrained to wait for the Lambo to arrive from Southern California, and it arrived just in time for dinner.
      Last edited by F Spider; 07-03-2021, 02:03.
      With Tenacity, No Roof Is Impossible

Comment

Yesterday, I drove up to Infineon Raceway with the Ferrari Club of America for the annual pilgrimmage to the Ferrari Challenge. While I am an enthusiast and FCA member, I do not own a Ferrari, so of course I drove the Spyker. In the long parade of red cars, the one gorgeous black Spyker got a lot of attention!

Once we arrived at Infineon, the Ferraris parked in "the paddock" and all other arrivals were directed to remote parking lots. I drove down to the paddock and asked "hey, where is the Friends & Family Row for the other exotics?" At first I received a blank look, but I insisted that they had had one in years past and eventually the light dawned and the organizers said, "Oh, park right over here." So, #083 got a nice spot near the dealer's tent.

As the day went on, the owners of the many, many Ferraris in attendance (probably 40 or so, not counting the Challenge cars or the Course Clienti cars owned by Ferrari) came over to look at #083. At one point, six or eight gentlemen were standing there. My companion said, "psst, look, their mouths are hanging open." And sure enough, I looked and a couple of the guys were agape.

I walked up (wearing my Spyker shirt of course) and one spectator said "do you work for Spyker?" and I said "no, but I own one."

He looked at me and said "I've never seen one before." (Remember, this guy owns a Ferrari.)

So I looked at him and said "It's a Unicorn!"
        Last edited by F Spider; 07-03-2021, 02:03.

Comment

Great drive up to St. Helena today, lunch at Meadowood with a few friends.

Comment

... oh what a wonderful shot! Just the front wheel of one of the Ferraris is not aligned :lol:... is the stop sign to prevent supercars from entering the lake ?

Comment

I could have removed the sign, the phone pole and the owners from the shot . . . but I voted for verisimilitude. They were there, so I left them. (Lazy? Maybe.)

We were parked (briefly) on some gravel at the intersection of two roads next to a lake. The stop was for the intersection. The lake was apparently for drinking and not for swimming (the other sign).

Comment

Very nice line up. Those 360 Challenge Stradales are awesome too!

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by OnTheLam View Post
                    VERY nice picture!!

Any more?
                    Last edited by F Spider; 07-03-2021, 02:02.

Comment

• If you page back through this thread, you'll see the set that picture came from. I've been learning a lot about post processing photos and so I re-worked this one today.

Comment

• Originally posted by Spyker 007 View Post
                        VERY nice picture!!
                        Indeed VERY nice

Comment

• Clean picture
                          Winning on sunday, selling on monday!

Comment

• A supercharged #083 blows by at 0:28 -- quite an unusual engine note!

MOO-ving - YouTube
                            Last edited by F Spider; 07-03-2021, 02:02.

Comment

• Yesssss! That sound is awesome! (Greetings from Seattle...)

Comment

• Yesssss! That sound is really awesome! (Greetings from The Netherlands...)

Comment

Working...
                                X