No announcement yet.

Articles about Spyker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "And that’s when we get the first minor disappointment.There is no savage explosion, no vicious burst of flames from a car that looks like a jet fighter in full flight. This is, when all is said and done, a mildly tuned Audi V8, and it simply coughs into life and settles into a steady rumble. Muller has already spec-ced a louder exhaust that will bring the characteristic V8 burble back into play. There are bypass valves that help make the note, but even on its loudest setting it falls far short and fails to drown out the transmission whine from the Audi-sourced ZF torque converter auto box that will form the only transmission in the early days."

Comment

• Well, that was to be expected. Let's keep our fingers crossed for a swift introduction of a more hardcore (more hp, manual) Aileron. Would be good press if the performance is on par with the looks.

Comment

• I just never understood producing a car like this as an automatic...I guess the majority of US drivers want automatic but why in a car like this???

Comment

• There will be an S version. The current Aileron fulfills a market that the SWB could not.
          Rijk

Comment

• Originally posted by Swisstrader View Post
            "And that’s when we get the first minor disappointment.There is no savage explosion, no vicious burst of flames from a car that looks like a jet fighter in full flight. This is, when all is said and done, a mildly tuned Audi V8, and it simply coughs into life and settles into a steady rumble. Muller has already spec-ced a louder exhaust that will bring the characteristic V8 burble back into play. There are bypass valves that help make the note, but even on its loudest setting it falls far short and fails to drown out the transmission whine from the Audi-sourced ZF torque converter auto box that will form the only transmission in the early days."

What's the source Swisstrader? All cars are pre-production and the white one has the closest to final spec exhaust. See the autocar.co.uk clip.

Sander.
            Spyker Cars on Facebook // Spyker Cars on Instagram // Me on Instagram // Spyker Cars Owners & Enthusiasts on LinkedIn // Spyker Cars on DriveTribe

Comment

• This: Magus Cars India » Blog Archive » Spyker Aileron India

So Sander, I heard a lot of people complain about the brakes on the pre production models, how's the fine tuning going? Getting close to completion?

Comment

• Originally posted by sandervd View Post
                What's the source Swisstrader? All cars are pre-production and the white one has the closest to final spec exhaust. See the autocar.co.uk clip.

Sander.
                As i recall this journalist drove 252 not 254 without a functional sport exhaust. 254 is much louder and satisfying to listen to.

Comment

• Originally posted by Reddingius View Post
                  I heard a lot of people complain about the brakes on the pre production models, how's the fine tuning going? Getting close to completion?
                  Fine tuning still? I hope not. I thought CPP has started production a while ago? Shouldn't the first production cars be just about ready for delivery?

Comment

• Hello. In April the EVO Magazine in UK has pubilshed an interesting article abaut the Spyker C8 Aileron. Please, can someone put this article here? Tanks!

Comment

• Hello Alberto, any chance you mean the March issue? That article was posted already in this thread (Click).
                      The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do

Comment

• As of now, a Spyker C8 LM85 is available in a downloadable content pack in Forza Motorsport 3! As soon as I get my Xbox fixed (red ring of death, damnit) I will purchase FM3 especially for the Spyker.

http://forzamotorsport.net/en-us/Spyker_Laviolette/

Comment

• A great article (in German), written by forum member Netburner (already posted in the factory visit thread)
                          carpassion.com:10 jahre spyker

Comment

• Thank you very mcuh IVR007

Comment

• A nice interview with Victor for the dutch-speaking on the Belgian website 'De Tijd'
                              http://www.tijd.be/nieuws/ondernemin...19090-3100.art
                              Louis

Comment

• Originally posted by luigisk View Post
                                A nice interview with Victor for the dutch-speaking on the Belgian website 'De Tijd'
                                http://www.tijd.be/nieuws/ondernemin...19090-3100.art
                                Yes! It also provides the first photo of the white laviolette we have seen in the factory. Plus it states that there is a spyker there (with Russian plates) that has been damaged. So that must be the double 12?

Comment

Working...
                                X