"Human Document Project"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Human Document Project"

I am involved in a multi-disciplinary workshop, which will take place in Germany in June 2010 on the "Human Document Project". Just in case anyone is interested... By the way, there is a Spyker C8 Spyder model car on the flyer. See the picture at the very bottom left of the front page. So to say, as an important part of human culture! I brought it in context with Marylin Monroe, the Gilgamesh epic, a 14th century MD discovering the causes for syphilis and it actually sits on a brick from Babylon, next to the Chinese character for "eternal". How do you like this?
    Attached Files

Interesting! Sounds like your a very philosophic kinda guy. This workshop reminds me of the 'Doomsday vault' on Spitsbergen (Norway).
    doomsday vault.gif
    I think it's true much more information will be kept 'alive' because of computers and the internet, but what if for instance an electromagnetic impulse causes hard disks to crash: would mean a terrible lose for the world..
    The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do

Comment

... for those in the Bay Area: 2nd workshop on the "Human Document Project" at Stanford University on September 12. Public info is here and here.

Comment

Thanks, got it.

Mega-year storage? How cool. I suggest a black monolith. Put it in orbit around a Jovian moon. Then put a small one in a crater on the dark side of the moon with a pointer to the big one, bury it, but mark it with an unusual magnetic signature . . . oh, wait, that's been done already.
        With Tenacity, No Roof Is Impossible

Comment

Fascinating

Originally posted by IVR007 View Post
          Interesting! Sounds like your a very philosophic kinda guy. This workshop reminds me of the 'Doomsday vault' on Spitsbergen (Norway).
          [ATTACH]6400[/ATTACH]
          I think it's true much more information will be kept 'alive' because of computers and the internet, but what if for instance an electromagnetic impulse causes hard disks to crash: would mean a terrible lose for the world..
          This is really fascinating, I read about the vault several years ago but hadn't heard much since then. Kind of glad that someone's prepared for the worst, although hopefully we never need it!

Comment

Working...
          X