No announcement yet.

#083 - C8 Spyder - Black / Tan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A funny thing happened on Friday. I was driving #083 on some country roads. I was on my way to the track in Willows, CA -- Thunderhill. I checked the weather reports very carefully before leaving the house, because I do not have the roof installed on #083 at this time. The weather report said "Partly Cloudy" and I believed it, since it hardly ever rains here in Northern California before November.

As I drove along, in the middle of nowhere, very quickly dark clouds came together right over me! It looked like a tornado might be forming. I could see blue skies in the distance, but suddenly I had a dark thunderhead ready to burst just above my head.

There was no shelter in sight and the wind was coming up, so I didn't want to pull over and get out my 60" golf umbrella from the boot. I kept driving.

Just as the rain started, I spied a carport in front of a machine shop and ducked the Spyker under it for cover. What good luck! My friend snapped a picture.

The owner of the machine shop came out and talked with us during the half hour or so we waited out the rain. He showed us doppler radar on the Internet and we saw that the storm was very heavy along our projected route, so I turned tail and fled South to home and switched cars.

What good luck!

With Tenacity, No Roof Is Impossible

Comment

Originally posted by OnTheLam View Post
      What good luck!
      Luck is what you need from time to time

My friend snapped a picture.
      He owns the Elise?

Comment

I will take good luck every time it comes around, Hans!

Yes, my friend drives a Ferrari 360 Modena and a supercharged Lotus Elise, depending on his mood. He was eager to take the Elise on the track.
        Last edited by F Spider; 07-03-2021, 02:43.

Comment

...haha! That happens, and it is part of the Spyker experience! You'd better check out that satellite image regularly and make a good guess... it is not as bad as gambling! Are you a gambler?

Comment

It was 38 degrees Fahrenheit when we met in the parking lot (that's 3.3 degrees Celcius for our European brothers), but the sun was out and there was no wind. We started with 18 cars and 10 finished the whole day. We wound our way up the coast north of San Francisco, along the ocean cliffs and on twisty roads through the redwood forests, stopping in Point Reyes Station for lunch. A good day with friends!

The supercharged #083 did not want to go slowly, as you may imagine!

Comment

image_8860.jpgimage_8861.jpg ... I am sooo jealous! Weather here looks like this:
              Last edited by F Spider; 07-03-2021, 02:06.

Comment

It really looks like you guys had a great day. And those are some very nice pictures.

Comment

It was 38 degrees Fahrenheit when we met in the parking lot (that's 3.3 degrees Celcius for our European brothers), but the sun was out and there was no wind. We started with 18 cars and 10 finished the whole day. We wound our way up the coast north of San Francisco, along the ocean cliffs and on twisty roads through the redwood forests, stopping in Point Reyes Station for lunch. A good day with friends!
                  38 degrees? Props to you and the others for keeping the tops down!

Back in 1993 I did a trip up the PCH from LA to Oregon; best road ever! I am jealous that you are able to access such greatness on a regular basis!
                  Last edited by F Spider; 07-03-2021, 02:06.

Comment

Thanks, Hans.

Matt, it warmed up into the high 50s as the day went on, jackets, hats and gloves came off, the heater was turned off eventually . . . it ended up being just fantastic!

It isn't really an accident that I live here. I'm from the East Coast originally, but I fell in love with Northern California and all it had to offer and moved here twenty years ago. I've never regretted that move for a moment. It's nice to go back East, especially to visit relatives and old friends, but I am truly at home here.

Amzamz, you poor man, come visit me! Let's go for a drive! :lol:

Comment

... ok, I have booked my flight! I will arrive on Tuesday, December 21, 2010, at 05:08am SFO airport (United), and I will leave the same day at 7pm. The least I'd expect is that a supercharged Spyker comes to pick me up (no luggage) and gets me around the Bay Area... (more communication only by PM, sorry everyone else)

Comment

Originally posted by amzamz View Post
                        ... I am sooo jealous! Weather here looks like this:
                        Same here.

The supercharged #083 did not want to go slowly, as you may imagine!
                        Nice pictures!. Can't wait untill summer starts. (he said at the beginning of winter...)

Originally posted by amzamz View Post
                        ... ok, I have booked my flight! I will arrive on Tuesday, December 21, 2010, at 05:08am SFO airport (United), and I will leave the same day at 7pm. The least I'd expect is that a supercharged Spyker comes to pick me up (no luggage) and gets me around the Bay Area... (more communication only by PM, sorry everyone else)
                        That will beat the 2.200km in one day (driving.)
                        Last edited by F Spider; 07-03-2021, 02:05.

Comment

Looking forward to your visit amzamz! Will notify the boys.

Sorry to hear the rest of you are freezing and shoveling snow. I still "opt-in" for winter these days, for snow skiing!

Comment

Wow great line-up in those pictures OnTheLam! Must be fun to drive with them
                            The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do

Comment

Originally posted by IVR007 View Post
                              Wow great line-up in those pictures OnTheLam! Must be fun to drive with them
                              It is a good group of like-minded enthusiasts: we not only love the cars, but we love to drive them. No garage queens!

Comment

Clean!

Comment

Working...
                                X