No announcement yet.

The Saab Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• They have been working for ages getting the GM engine in the Spyker, they aren't even done yet. I'd hate to have to wait that long again for yet another switch, though I prefer BMW engines over GM ones.

Comment

• Nothing is done until it is done There will be a press conference tomorrow at 11:15am at Saab HQ in Sweden and people from Saab and BMW will be present. That is the only thing we know for sure.

What the exact deal will be we will only know tomorrow...
      Saab press conference set for 11:15am Wednesday

Comment

• Press release:

Published: 08:30 CEST 29-09-2010 /Thomson Reuters /Source: Spyker Cars N.V. /XAMS: TICKER SPYKR /ISIN: NL0000380830
        SAAB AUTOMOBILE AND BMW ENTER AGREEMENT FOR SUPPLY OF GASOLINE ENGINES

Zeewolde, The Netherlands, 29 September 2010. Spyker Cars N.V. ("the Group"), a holding company that owns subsidiaries which produce and sell premium automobiles under the Saab and Spyker brands, is listed on Eurolist by NYSE Euronext Amsterdam (ticker symbol SPYKR).

Today, Saab Automobile and BMW announced an agreement for the supply of engines to be used in next-generation Saab vehicles. Under the purchase, supply and development agreement, BMW will supply Saab with 4-cylinder 1.6 liter turbocharged gasoline engines from 2012. The engines will be adapted to meet Saab's specific requirements.

The contract was signed on Wednesday in Trollhättan, Sweden. Participating in the signing were Saab Automobile CEO Jan Åke Jonsson, Saab Automobile Chairman Victor Muller and Ian Robertson, Member of the Board of Management of BMW AG, responsible for Sales and Marketing.

Announcing the deal, Saab Automobile CEO Jan Åke Jonsson said: "It gives me great pleasure to confirm this exciting new relationship. BMW's engines and their fuel savings innovations are widely regarded as a benchmark in the premium segment. We look forward to integrating this technology into our next-generation vehicles in a true Saab way."

Victor Muller, Chairman of Saab Automobile, said: "This is a major step for Saab on our road to becoming a profitable independent premium car maker. In line with our strategy, we will continue to capitalize on our own engineering expertise while also working with the very best partners. Both parties are open to explore further opportunities as part of this relationship in the future."

Ian Robertson, Executive Sales and Marketing Director of BMW, added: "We are continuing to expand our powertrain system sales business worldwide as planned as part of our Strategy Number ONE. Today's agreement marks another important milestone along this route. We are delighted to support Saab with our engine expertise. Our engines have a clear lead over the competition when it comes to fuel consumption, emissions and performance."
        So the deal is limited to the 1.6T for now, but may conclude more engines and technology in the future.
        The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do

Comment

• That is the MINI engine?

Comment

• Yes it is. But it's a powerful little thing, just imagine Saab converting it to run on E85, which generally increases output by around 10-15 percent

Comment

• Originally posted by Reddingius View Post
              Yes it is. But it's a powerful little thing, just imagine Saab converting it to run on E85, which generally increases output by around 10-15 percent
              It is the Mini engine. It is also used by PSA (Peugeot & Citroen). I have a the same engine in my Citroen C5 1.6THP 156pk....It's much better than the 2.0 16V I was used to.

Comment

• VICTOR MULLER NAMED ENTREPRENEUR OF THE YEAR BY AUTOMOTIVE NEWS EUROPE

Zeewolde, The Netherlands, 30 September 2010. Spyker Cars N.V. ("the Group"), a holding company that owns subsidiaries which produce and sell premium automobiles under the Saab and Spyker brands, announces that Victor Muller was named entrepreneur of the year by Automotive News Europe.

The dynamic business acumen of the Group's CEO and Saab Automobile Chairman Victor Muller was recognized last night when he received an Entrepreneur of the Year award at the 2010 Eurostars Awards ceremony in Paris, staged by trade publication Automotive News Europe. This award was specially created to acknowledge Muller's outstanding achievements.

The Dutch businessman showed extraordinary tenacity during protracted negotiations to purchase Saab Automobile from General Motors, working closely with Saab's executive leadership team. The future of Saab Automobile was eventually secured when its takeover by Muller's company, Spyker Cars NV, was confirmed on February 23.

"I feel incredibly honoured and proud to receive this award," said Muller, as he was presented with the accolade. "However, this is not just for me, but for all the Saab employees and Saab's excellent management headed by Jan Åke Jonsson, who have shown tremendous commitment and dedication during a challenging but exciting period in the company's history.

"Saab has already achieved a great deal in a short space of time. We have strengthened our global organization, successfully launched a new flagship model, forged exciting new business partnerships and ramped up the development of future products and technologies.

"Over the next 12 months Saab will launch two more premium cars, in addition to the new 9-5 sedan, and will enter at least one new market segment. These vehicles will be engineered and designed as true Saabs. All this activity shows Saab is firmly on track to deliver on its business plan."

- Ends -

Comment

• Saab forecasting 33% lower sales target in US
                  Paris: Saab forecasting 33% lower sales target in US

Comment

• Why is the percentage symbol defective? Maybe something for Spykerowner to adress

Comment

• Originally posted by Reddingius View Post
                      Why is the percentage symbol defective? Maybe something for Spykerowner to adress
                      The text was probably copied. And symbols have their own html code.

Comment

• ... I noticed that before. I can type %%% and it looks ok, and then sudenly it degrades to funny codes.

Comment

• Me with Victor Muller, jason castriota and Jan Ake Jonsson ^^
                          SAABactu

Comment

• European Saab Meeting at Huy, Belgium this weekend.

One of the Biggest Saab Meetings ever!

This weekend the historic Belgian town of Huy will be handed over to hundreds of Saab enthusiasts from all over Europe. I know of 20 coming from England. I'll be driving up from Paris the Saturday afternoon and have arranged rendezvous with cars from the UK and north of France and so we will be about 70 Saabs for the last 100 kms.
                            Etienne Morsa who is one of Saab's biggest blogger is from Huy and the town council have offered him the "Grande Place" for the Sunday.
                            Huy gd place - Google Maps
                            Normally it is a pedestrian area but it is reserved for the first 250 Saabs .. And how I would love to see a Spyder there ..

Please come if you want to meet Saabs and enjoy Belgian beers this would be an excellent occasion.

2nd European Saab Meeting Huy 31/10/2010

I know that Etienne Morsa met VM at the Paris Show and personally invited him but ... and if a Spyker Owner would care to join the festivities his car would certainly be the center of attention.

Beherman will have five cars so you will be able to admire the first and most recent Saabs. The media, both written and TV, will be covering the evnt.

This sample of the Rally plates gives an idea of the "atmosphere" that you will find.

And for me it will be an occasion to celebrate the all important part that Dutch and Belgian Saab owners played in Saving Saab .. that was crowned only by Mr. Victor Muller.

"For the tenacious, no road is impassable"
                            Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by IVR007 View Post
                              I spent a week at my father's house in Båstad, Sweden. This is where the annual ATP swedish open is played (Nicolas Almagro defeated Söderling). Actually, Saab is the main sponsor of the event. So Saabs were allowed to park for free and people were able to test drive the 9-5. In fact, Victor was there as well, I only just missed him (we were at the same restaurant). He did some work for Swedish television.

[ATTACH]8198[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]8199[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]8200[/ATTACH]

We've seen a couple 9-5s on the road, some of them must have been customer cars.

There also was a (pretty unique I guess) meeting of 6 koenigseggs (factory is very close by)
                              [ATTACH]8201[/ATTACH]
                              Article and photos on autogespot.com (Dutch).
                              Originally posted by IVR007 View Post
                              Thanks for the info Spyker 007. I couldn't find any other pictures taken from Victor in Båstad , so I used the one from the realtid article, assuming they used a proper one. But seeing it again, you are right, those guys surrounding the Spyker don't look a lot like Swedes :lol::lol:
                              I do have a picture of Victor in Båstad!

Click image for larger version

Name:	bastad article.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	103.6 KB
ID:	62945

(From the local newspaper, printed at the time)

The article mentions a private dinner Victor and the King of Sweden had, and the newspaper suggest that the king is interested in buying a Spyker (would be the first in Sweden). Victor responds: 'It's clear the King likes fast cars. But we shouldn't talk about this, it's private.'
                              The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do

Comment

• Has anyone else seen the new 9-4X?

Normally I'm not much for SUV's, but I have to admit that as far as SUV's go, this one looks pretty sharp.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X