Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

#092 C8 Laviolette Red / Magnolia (story of #092; converted from C8 Spyder)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great story. I wonder if you had a hand in building #153 as well (dark green Spyder).

Comment

image_16439.jpg image_16440.jpg let's see if this works, i've attached 2 photo's.
      One of the car as we how we've met her for the first time in Ft. Lauderdale at Stuttgart repair centre and one photo of the rear body that we were going to fit on her.
      I'll post this first, to see if it works and then i'll try to tell the complete story, with the photo's i have. I hope you enjoy!

René (i'm the 6ft guy in one of the photo's)
      Last edited by F Spider; 28-07-2022, 22:35.

Comment

Great, thanx for sharing!
        Winning on sunday, selling on monday!

Comment

image_16443.jpg image_16445.jpg it works ok let's go!
          I'll post this build in several posts, just to make you guys more anxious, besides, we all know what the end result looks like, so there's not much to hide anyway

At first, we checked the car on every detail and reported back to the factory.
          We did not find much, besides some little leather damage and e few scratches on the outside. The car had done 250 miles at that time i think, i'm not sure anymore.

We opened her up, and all the workers at the bodyshop where we did this job were jaw dropping I still love the sight of a Spyker with all the body panels open, don't know why.

We then removed the rear body, that took us about 2 hours, a few hoses and electricity leads needed to be disconnected. The rear body itself comes of with just two bolts once its opened, i really love the simplicity of that.

Well, i'm going to get the pictures organised so i can update this thread the following weeks, i also need to dig up my memories of this awesome job, it's been a few years since this was done
          Last edited by F Spider; 28-07-2022, 22:35.

Comment

Rene, can we merge this thread with the #092 register thread. It's a great addition to its history...
            Rijk

Comment

Originally posted by F Spider View Post
              Rene, can we merge this thread with the #092 register thread. It's a great addition to its history...
              Hello Rijk, no problem!

I'm also searching through al my photo's right now to see if i can match them with vin nr's of your list.
              i'll add them to the thread of each car, but it's going to take some time.
              I should have made pictures of all these vin's when i was there

Comment

Way to go. We really appreciate "insider" additions to the individual cars

I'll ask Hans to merge the #92 thread.
                Last edited by F Spider; 28-07-2022, 22:34.
                Rijk

Comment

Originally posted by Kolluk View Post
                  Hello Rijk, no problem!

I'm also searching through al my photo's right now to see if i can match them with vin nr's of your list.
                  i'll add them to the thread of each car, but it's going to take some time.
                  I should have made pictures of all these vin's when i was there
                  Hello Rene,

Thanks for taking the time to do this. We really appreciate it!
                  Last edited by F Spider; 28-07-2022, 22:34.
                  Scott

Comment

image_16484.jpg image_16485.jpg On to the roof!
                    On the picture you see that we fitted the roof on the car. This was a very time taking job because although it is a Karmann kar, this roof was not build on this chassis. So at every corner where the roof hits the chassis or the A-style pillars, the mounting holes were off by a few mm.
                    The Laviolettes that were build at Karmann, came with a roof that was built on that particular chassis. Therefore exchanging roofs between cars was a no go at the factory
                    We had to remove the front window and the the upper side of the dash and A-style pilllars too.
                    Once the roof was on we could glue in all the windows. We first mounted a new front window, the one we took out cracked unfortunately. Then we did the rear windows and the roof panels last. The roofpanels were too big and custom sized at the job. The roofs where handmade and there fore never exactly the same. So the roofpanels had to be custom made on each and every car. I remember custom sizing these panels for a whole series of Laviolettes at the factory. The Roof panels from #157 untill #169 were done by me. I think #166 is the car in front on this picture

So, that's it for now, i hope to update this again by the end of the week.

Regards, René
                    Last edited by F Spider; 28-07-2022, 22:31.

Comment

Originally posted by Sandy Eggo View Post
                      Great story. I wonder if you had a hand in building #153 as well (dark green Spyder).
                      Hello Sandy,

I do rememeber a green Spyder, but i thought it had cognac interior, i cannot find this in my pictures, so i am not 100% sure. according to the VIN one might say i was working at the factory when you're car was being build.

Regards,

René
                      Last edited by F Spider; 26-04-2023, 22:06.

Comment

Great posts!

Comment

Originally posted by Wouter View Post
                          Great posts!
                          +1
                          Last edited by F Spider; 28-07-2022, 22:31.
                          Rijk

Comment

image_16799.jpg image_16800.jpg image_16798.jpg image_16797.jpg image_16798.jpg

image_16799.jpg image_16800.jpg
                            Last edited by F Spider; 28-07-2022, 22:30.

Comment

New York dealer plates?
                              Rijk

Comment

Originally posted by F Spider View Post
                                New York dealer plates?
                                Pictures surfaced this week, but were taken back in 2011

Comment

Working...
                                X