Damn!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Damn!

Today we where driving back home and suddenly my passenger window exploded in more than thousand pieces.
    We didn't see anybody or anything. We drove on a normal city road and BANG.....
    I've never seen such a strange thing. I still absolutely don't understand what happend but this is the result when I came home :

window141-1.jpg

window141-2.jpg

Dutchdude
    Spykerowner #141
    sigpic

That's weird

I never heard anything like that.

Comment

Crazy! I hope you're not injured..

How could this happen? Highly unlikely but maybe mechanical stress or vibrations?
      The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do

Comment

Wow, that's really strange.

Comment

Originally posted by IVR007 View Post
          Crazy! I hope you're not injured..

How could this happen? Highly unlikely but maybe mechanical stress or vibrations?
          I have got nothing but the passenger has some small wounds on his hand and arm.

Dutchdude
          Spykerowner #141
          sigpic

Comment

Crazy! Very unusual for a window, assuming it was tempered glass to shatter like that.

Comment

Awful. So sorry.

Comment

... are you sure nobody threw a stone? Little boys threw stones at me when driving the Bugatti! They were on a bridge and probably thought it was funny. No damage though, as I only have a "Brooklands windshield" and they missed that...

Comment

Oh dear! I think amzamz is on to something. If not mischief, possibly a ricocheted stone thrown up by another car or something.

Or an assassin tried to take you out with an ambitious long range moving shot . . .

I'm glad no one was hurt, and I hope your beautiful car is back on the road soon!
                  With Tenacity, No Roof Is Impossible

Comment

I can imagine that a little stone hit the window in an earlier stage and damaged the window. And given the fact the window is not in a frame it must tremble a little all the time when on the move. The combination of these two aspects may have caused the shattered window. Just a wild guess.

Comment

Originally posted by SpykerOwner View Post
                      I can imagine that a little stone hit the window in an earlier stage and damaged the window. And given the fact the window is not in a frame it must tremble a little all the time when on the move. The combination of these two aspects may have caused the shattered window. Just a wild guess.
                      Hopefuly it was a stone or something and not a spontaneous explosion.
                      I will never know I think.

Dutchdude
                      Spykerowner #141
                      sigpic

Comment

Is it fixed already?

Comment

Originally posted by Dutchdude View Post
                          Hopefuly it was a stone or something and not a spontaneous explosion.
                          I will never know I think.

I saw you today in Zeewolde is your window made?
                          Unfortunately I could not come and watch and take some pictures for the guys here on spyker owner.
                          what do you have a nice Spyker

Comment

Originally posted by lm85 View Post
                            I saw you today in Zeewolde is your window made?
                            Unfortunately I could not come and watch and take some pictures for the guys here on spyker owner.
                            what do you have a nice Spyker
                            Thanks.
                            I just got the Spyker to the factory today to replace the window.
                            So by the end of the week I can drive again.

Dutchdude
                            Spykerowner #141
                            sigpic

Comment

Working...
                            X