No announcement yet.

Different wheels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I confess I did clean it before parking it next to #107, and it was a Spyker event, so who'd want dirty wheels!!

Comment

Originally posted by mrobin33 View Post
      .. parking it next to #107, and it was a Spyker event..
      We demand pictures!

Comment

Nick Van der Zouwen explained the difference between the wheels, and that I should not have one out of the aluminum series, when the other three are magnesium. Our theory that someone destroyed one wheel (on the track?), and that that lead to a singing wheel bearing, now seems plausible.

The magnesium wheels are all four different, while the aluminum wheels come in pairs of two. I need to figure out if the wrong wheel belongs to the damaged wheel bearing, because now, the wrong wheel is in the wrong side.
        Rijk

Comment

New, and very obvious question, that I cannot find the answer to. If you have the Dymag, four unique wheels, what is the correct way to put them on the car?

I would think that the leading edge of the propellor spokes is to move forward in the driving direction, but on most pictures they are in the reverse. Why?
          Rijk

Comment

Originally posted by F Spider View Post
            New, and very obvious question, that I cannot find the answer to. If you have the Dymag, four unique wheels, what is the correct way to put them on the car?

I would think that the leading edge of the propellor spokes is to move forward in the driving direction, but on most pictures they are in the reverse. Why?
            Dymag in the UK made the wheels for the early C8 cars and then production moved to Rimstock as the demand grew for the cars.. i know this because i have all the CAD data from them to make the scale model ones.. they will be slightly lighter than the one odd wheel you have .. and they are directional ..and left and right handed.. as i have had to make 4 wheel master patterns ... all good fun i hope this helps ... i have a phone number for Dymag but i suspect they have'nt any old wheels

Comment

This coming weekend we are replacing he other wheel bearing. Pictures to follow.
              Rijk

Comment

That's not fun What is your mileage? It seems hard to believe that failure could be caused by two wheels of different weights. Are you still running 3 Dymags and 1 Rimstock?
                Nihil ausus, nihil acquisitus

Comment

I have the fourth Dymag wheel ready to put on. The #107 has 30,000 miles on it, and very few of these were on highways
                  Rijk

Comment

Working...
                  X