No announcement yet.

#083 - C8 Spyder - Black / Tan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• image_3610.jpg I have the best driving memories from the 15,000 miles I drove the Ferrari Daytona. Everybody always said that it drives like a truck, and yes, it was very hard (heavy) at low speeds. But, once at speed, sometimes you got rewarded when getting it just right through sweeping corners. And that feeling will always stay with me.

The power brakes were crap though, and more than once gave me a mayor heart attack.

When I got the Spyker, I immediately got the same feeling back. Just as intense, but now updated to a modern car. Very nicely weighted steering, everything is direct, and it has brakes (if you use some serious muscle).

I can see that if you have cars only as an expression of wealth, the Spyker is difficult to live with. But, if you have a Spyker because you are a driver, then yummy

But the posers don't need to worry. The Aileron will solve all their problems:lol::lol::lol::lol:

In other words, hard to explain to the outside world.
    Last edited by F Spider; 07-03-2021, 02:00.
    Rijk

Comment

• I will never forget the Daytona either ( great picture btw ). It is a very rewarding car for those who love pure driving. And I agree, the Spyker provides the same special feeling. But with good brakes

Comment

• Originally posted by SpykerOwner View Post
        I will never forget the Daytona either ( great picture btw ). It is a very rewarding car for those who love pure driving. And I agree, the Spyker provides the same special feeling. But with good brakes
        Were you driving, or taking the picture?
        Last edited by F Spider; 07-03-2021, 01:59.
        Rijk

Comment

• Originally posted by F Spider View Post
          I have the best driving memories from the 15,000 miles I drove the Ferrari Daytona. Everybody always said that it drives like a truck, and yes, it was very hard (heavy) at low speeds. But, once at speed, sometimes you got rewarded when getting it just right through sweeping corners. And that feeling will always stay with me.

The power brakes were crap though, and more than once gave me a mayor heart attack.

When I got the Spyker, I immediately got the same feeling back. Just as intense, but now updated to a modern car. Very nicely weighted steering, everything is direct, and it has brakes (if you use some serious muscle).

I can see that if you have cars only as an expression of wealth, the Spyker is difficult to live with. But, if you have a Spyker because you are a driver, then yummy

But the posers don't need to worry. The Aileron will solve all their problems:lol::lol::lol::lol:

In other words, hard to explain to the outside world.
          That is one car that I have always wanted to drive but has still eluded me.
          Last edited by F Spider; 07-03-2021, 01:59.

Comment

• Originally posted by F Spider View Post
            Were you driving, or taking the picture?
            You were behind the wheel of the Daytona, I was following you in the Cayenne Turbo.

Comment

• I am laughing as I read this, Rijk. Someone who wasn't a 'driver' would look at this and think "what does all of this talk about Ferraris and so on have to do with #083 - Black/Tan?"

But it all makes perfect sense to me.

There are far more purchasers of fine sports cars than there are avid, skilled drivers. But without the 'garage queen' purchasers to subsidize the production of the cars we love to drive, the cars just wouldn't get made, or we'd have to make our own. And I for one have no idea how to make my own car.

But I do love to drive them! :lol:

And those garage queens will still be shiny museum pieces long after I've driven the wheels off my favorite cars.
              Last edited by F Spider; 07-03-2021, 01:58.
              With Tenacity, No Roof Is Impossible

Comment

• Dito Milian's photo of #083 from today at Thunderhill Raceway in Willows, CA

Comment

• Nice action shot. I always love to see Spykers on a track

Comment

• Here's a couple more

Comment

• Very cool!

Comment

• Hey OnTheLam, just came across your eGarage clip, short but nice!

It's featured on Dutch Autoblog.nl
                        The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do

Comment

• Thanks, yeah, they did a great job. It was always meant to be a short piece, just make the point that these cars are meant to be driven -- that is kind of my code when it come to these cars.

Nice catch!

Comment

• #083 and the new roommate

Comment

• Rijk

Comment

• Very nice!

Comment

Working...
                                X