Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SpykerOwner View Post
    XL9BA12G00Z363259
    Most likely not. Year digit for 2010 is A, check that new SWB you refer to!

Comment

I've been struggling with this:
      We have the gunmetal aileron prototype as #237 in the register. (#250 and #237 are the same thread, we'll have to fix that later).

But we also have thread for that aileron proto, saying that it's actually #908.

And then there is this mule (thread). Evandaalen checked it out: XL9BA12G38Z363901.

So do we have any evidence (f.e. photo's) from a #237? Maybe the aileron proto had multiple VIN's??

Conclusions:
      - What's the deal with #237?
      - We should make a link to #908 in the register, and move the first part of #250's thread to #908's
      - Make a link to #901's thread in the register

LavioletteGT2R, am I making any sense?
      The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do

Comment

This has always confused me also. How many Aileron prototypes were there? If I recall correctly, we had actual photos of a couple of these VINs.

Comment

Originally posted by IVR007 View Post
          I've been struggling with this:
          We have the gunmetal aileron prototype as #237 in the register. (#250 and #237 are the same thread, we'll have to fix that later).

But we also have thread for that aileron proto, saying that it's actually #908.

And then there is this mule (thread). Evandaalen checked it out: XL9BA12G38Z363901.

So do we have any evidence (f.e. photo's) from a #237? Maybe the aileron proto had multiple VIN's??

Conclusions:
          - What's the deal with #237?
          - We should make a link to #908 in the register, and move the first part of #250's thread to #908's
          - Make a link to #901's thread in the register

LavioletteGT2R, am I making any sense?
          I will try to explain:

The Aileron mule is definitely XL9BA12G38Z363901 - During the first forum factory visit on august 18, 2008 this Aileron mule was at the factory. The enginecover was not on at that moment so I was able to spot the VIN number in the enginebay. We were not allowed to take pictures in that area but I remembered the last three digits of the VIN: 901. This mule has been spotted several times with a licenceplate. Edvar (forum member evandaalen) was able to use that licenceplate on a certain website. If you have the licenceplatenumber you will get information on that vehicle, including the first thirteen digits of the VIN number: XL9BA12G38Z36 All Spykers that I know of have the 'Z363' sequence so that leaves XL9BA12G38Z363901 for the Aileron mule.

The Aileron prototype is now defiitely XL9BA12G49Z363908 - It was shown for the first time at the Geneva show in march 2008. Rijk (forum member F Spider) was shown the Aileron prototype by Victor Muller, who told Rijk it had VIN #237. post 1. So at that time it either had VIN #237, or Victor Muller thought it had / would become #237. When this Aileron prototype was shown more and more, more photographs popped up as well. Some of them showing the VIN plate behind the front window. Not one of them revealed the VIN number but bucciali found a photograph on which could be seen that the VIN most likely did not end with 237post 8.
          Finally Vinny (forum member ReducedSpeedAhead), who was at the LA show where the Aileron prototype was shown, read the VIN number: XL9BA12G49Z363908 post 44.
          So at one time it could have been #237 but it is now XL9BA12G49Z363908

We did not find another Spyker with #237 up till now.

I agree on the thread: It's a bit messed up! I think the best move would be to extract the info on the Aileron prototype and put that into the #908 thread. That way the #250 info will stay in the #250 thread.

I hope that made sense to you IVR
          Winning on sunday, selling on monday!

Comment

Originally posted by Mattjs33 View Post
            This has always confused me also. How many Aileron prototypes were there? If I recall correctly, we had actual photos of a couple of these VINs.
            There was only one Aileron test mule (#901) and one Aileron prototype (#908). There are six Pre-production Ailerons (#250, #251, #252, #253, #254, #255) and one Pre-production Aileron Spyder (which derived from #250)

Comment

... how many pre-production C8 Spyders (Laviolettes, or Double12s) are there? How many were needed to get type approval in Europe or in the US? Did they change chassis numbers, too? What happened to them after the initial purpose? Were they re-used for production?

Comment

Originally posted by amzamz View Post
                ... how many pre-production C8 Spyders (Laviolettes, or Double12s) are there? How many were needed to get type approval in Europe or in the US? Did they change chassis numbers, too? What happened to them after the initial purpose? Were they re-used for production?
                As far as I understand, there was only one prototype / pre-production C8 Spyder SWB: #001. But this assumption is solely based on the fact that #002 was allready a customer car, so this assumption might be incorrect. #005 was the prototype / pre-production C8 Laviolette and #008 the Double 12S prototype / pre-production (homologation version for the Double 12R Racecar probably fits the bill better). I believe lots of upgrades on the initial models were made by every batch of Spykers produced, that's probably why there are so many differences between all Spykers.

It is hard to tell (for a non-insider like me anyway) how many cars were used for each purpose but there is information about numbers of production output and numbers sold, and in early years also some figures which actually do show what happened to the cars produced:

production output: 1 {1 C8 Spyder}
                external sales: 0
                development cars: 1

production output: 2 {1 C8 Laviolette and 1 C8 Double 12R}
                external sales: 0
                development cars: 2

production output: 3 {1 C8 Spyder, 1 Double 12S and 1 Double 12R}
                external sales: 2 (which include 'related party transactions')
                development cars: 1

production output: 12 {11 C8 Spyders, 1 Double 12R}
                external sales: 3 (which include 'related party transactions')
                development cars: 6
                demonstrator cars: 2
                stock: 1

production output: 31 {unfortunately from this moment on the different models are no longer specified}
                external sales: 15
                development cars: 2
                demonstrator cars: 3
                stock: 11

production output: 48
                external sales: 26
                development cars: 9
                demonstrator cars: 1
                racecars: 3
                stock: 9

production output: 94
                external sales: 74
                difference: 20 {unfortunately from this moment on the different purposes of the cars are no longer specified}

production output: 26
                external sales: 21
                difference: 5

production output: 43
                external sales: 37
                difference: 6

production output: 31
                external sales: 36
                difference: -5 {Probably due to selling some stock}

So there is quite a difference between the amount of produced and sold Spykers. I would love to know what has happened to everyone of them, but I don't...

Comment

I forgot to mention, but the information I used can be found in the annual reports on the Investors - Financial section of the Spykercars website.

Comment

Originally posted by Laviolette GT2R View Post
                    I will try to explain:

The Aileron mule is definitely XL9BA12G38Z363901 - During the first forum factory visit on august 18, 2008 this Aileron mule was at the factory. The enginecover was not on at that moment so I was able to spot the VIN number in the enginebay. We were not allowed to take pictures in that area but I remembered the last three digits of the VIN: 901. This mule has been spotted several times with a licenceplate. Edvar (forum member evandaalen) was able to use that licenceplate on a certain website. If you have the licenceplatenumber you will get information on that vehicle, including the first thirteen digits of the VIN number: XL9BA12G38Z36 All Spykers that I know of have the 'Z363' sequence so that leaves XL9BA12G38Z363901 for the Aileron mule.

The Aileron prototype is now defiitely XL9BA12G49Z363908 - It was shown for the first time at the Geneva show in march 2008. Rijk (forum member F Spider) was shown the Aileron prototype by Victor Muller, who told Rijk it had VIN #237. post 1. So at that time it either had VIN #237, or Victor Muller thought it had / would become #237. When this Aileron prototype was shown more and more, more photographs popped up as well. Some of them showing the VIN plate behind the front window. Not one of them revealed the VIN number but bucciali found a photograph on which could be seen that the VIN most likely did not end with 237post 8.
                    Finally Vinny (forum member ReducedSpeedAhead), who was at the LA show where the Aileron prototype was shown, read the VIN number: XL9BA12G49Z363908 post 44.
                    So at one time it could have been #237 but it is now XL9BA12G49Z363908

We did not find another Spyker with #237 up till now.

I agree on the thread: It's a bit messed up! I think the best move would be to extract the info on the Aileron prototype and put that into the #908 thread. That way the #250 info will stay in the #250 thread.

I hope that made sense to you IVR
                    That makes perfect sense, thanks. So we can delete #237, split #250 in a #250 and a #908 and add #901. Piece of cake
                    The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do

Comment

Do we count in the DeBruijn Silvestris V8 as a prototype for the Spyker C8 Laviolette?

(not my pics)
                      Attached Files

Comment

What are the whereabouts of this car now?

Comment

As far as I know, the car was still owned by De Bruijn in 2008. And the RDW (Dutch DMV) still has it as a valid registration.

For those who care, the first part of the VIN is: SABTVR0366816____. "SAB" (the World Manufacturer Identifier of the VIN code) is reserved for the UK, not for a specific manufacturer, but for the category "renumberings". I guess this includes rebuilt cars, kits and so on. Please note that the "TVR" part is not related to the manufacturer TVR. Just Google "SABTVR" and you will find more cases of kitcars / rebuilt cars (Lomax, Fords, Citroen, etc.) which have VINs that start with SABTVR ...

Comment

Found this info on an auction site that had #219 on auction:

Chassis Number: XL9AABAG4AZ363219

Decoded:
                            X=Netherlands
                            L=Spyker
                            9=Under 1000 cars/year manufacturer
                            A=Open Top
                            A=Manual Transmission
                            B=Left Hand Drive
                            A=2010 Model Year
                            G=4.2L Engine
                            4=Checksum
                            A=2010 Model Year
                            Z=Zeewold, Netherlands Assembly
                            363=Spyker
                            219=Serial Number

Comment

Originally posted by Laviolette GT2R View Post
                              Found this info on an auction site that had #219 on auction:

Chassis Number: XL9AABAG4AZ363219

Decoded:
                              X=Netherlands
                              L=Spyker
                              9=Under 1000 cars/year manufacturer
                              A=Open Top
                              A=Manual Transmission
                              B=Left Hand Drive
                              A=2010 Model Year
                              G=4.2L Engine
                              4=Checksum
                              A=2010 Model Year
                              Z=Zeewold, Netherlands Assembly
                              363=Spyker
                              219=Serial Number
                              The above explains a lot, but is not entirely correct.

Correct me if I am wrong, but as far as I know for Spyders, Laviolettes and Ailerons with MY 2010 and newer is:
                              XL = The Netherlands
                              9 = Spyker
                              A = Open top
                              A = 3 point safety belt plus single stage frontal driver airbag & passenger airbag system according to exemption EX 08-03
                              B = Spyker C US
                              A = Spyder or Laviolette (SWB)
                              G = Audi V8 4.2 L Petrol (BFM)
                              4 = Checksum
                              A = 2010
                              Z = Zeewolde
                              363 = low volume production (< 1,000 per model, per year)
                              219 = Serial number

There is also a VIN range for the Peking to Paris which is a bit different.

Comment

Working...
                              X