#148 C8 Spyder - Caribbean Blue / Ivory

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• #148 C8 Spyder - Caribbean Blue / Ivory

... apparently, this is the car featured in the TV series Knight Rider.

http://www.spykerowner.com/forum/spy....html#post6076

http://www.spykerowner.com/forum/spy....html#post6080

http://www.spykerowner.com/forum/spy....html#post6083

please see the links above for pictures
    Last edited by F Spider; 30-06-2023, 05:45.

More pics of #148

This thread needs more pics , so here's a few more of (what looks like and has to be) #148.

Last edited by F Spider; 30-06-2023, 05:44.

Comment

image_5311.jpg image_5312.jpg image_5313.jpg image_5314.jpg image_5315.jpg image_5316.jpg The second part of the day was a Autocross track. This is a small course that is marked by cones that you drive around. We got to use 148 C8 spyder for this event. This car I should tell you has 15,000 hard miles, it is still on it's original clutch, they just changed the original tires and it has had no major problems. One small note on this car, when they went to paint it the paint code number got messed up and it got painted a Ferrari color by accident! We got two laps each before we did a team time trial. It was are team vs Salt Lake vs San Fran. Are team came in second and the winning team was San Fran, they got autographed pictures from Victor Mueller for winning. Good Job Team SAN FRAN!!!!! Driving the autocross really let you take the spyder to it's limits, one of are team spun the car on the last corner of the course. This was my favorite part! They also had two camera's on the car and they will be sending everyone a video of them autocrossing the spyder.

Comment

... does this car NOT have the built-in soft top? I cannot see it.

Comment

Soft top was removed on car 148

Comment

Originally posted by rhyno View Post
            Soft top was removed on car 148
            Its back on.
            That car is an amazing driver I have personally seen 170 on the banks of Daytona in it. i have even considered purchasing it for myself.

Comment

Do it JP!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by jpclinging View Post
                Its back on.
                That car is an amazing driver I have personally seen 170 on the banks of Daytona in it. i have even considered purchasing it for myself.
                170 Is that max? How are stability and handling at those speeds in the Spyker?

Beautiful car..
                Last edited by F Spider; 30-06-2023, 05:43.
                The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do

Comment

Originally posted by rhyno View Post
                  Do it JP!!!!!!!!!!
                  I would love to but have just purchased another home in Vancouver, but don't think I didn't think about it long and hard!

Comment

Originally posted by IVR007 View Post
                    170 Is that max? How are stability and handling at those speeds in the Spyker?

Beautiful car..
                    no the max is 187, but the gearing is little long for the road course at Daytona so the max I was able to do was 170. The handling and stability is excellent at speed, I would recommend anyone wanting to reach those speeds to do it slowly to appreciate the characteristics of the car at high speed and do so only at a racing track...or just call me.

Comment

IIRC, Amzamz reached 171 MPH (275 Km/h) on the German Autobahn. He recorded it on the GPS, so it must have been true speed

I, of course, have never been over 55 MPH
                      Rijk

Comment

Originally posted by F Spider View Post
                        171 MPH (275 Km/h)
                        173 MPH twice (278 km/h)
                        see http://www.spykerowner.com/forum/uno....html#post2637

I am still waiting for someone to beat that (GPS or official clocking, please). Should be easy, as I have done mine on public motorways in traffic... and I have the old body / no race trim (scary aerodynamics!!!). Be careful!

(since my speedo shows typically 10% higher, the reading would have been 306 km/h, but of course I didn't look....)

Comment

I would just like to share that #148 is now under my supervision here at Spyker of Cleveland. This is great being able to find out the history of this car. I never would have thought that it was used in a TV show.

...the cars are in a temporary facility while my new showroom is being built. It will have a proper home soon enough.

-Andrew

Comment

Good to have you on board, Andrew. Welcome! Did you enjoyed driving your Spykers?
                            The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do

Comment

hahaha yes. The Spyker is unlike anything I have ever experienced. Honestly for me its like being a kid at Christmas again. I just graduated from the Ohio State University and this is my first full time job out of school and here I am driving/selling Spykers, Porsches, and Lotuses. And I'm just having a blast, I love these cars, I love being around them, I love driving them, I honestly believe in my product, I work 70 hours a week and I love every second of it.

-Andrew
                              Last edited by F Spider; 30-06-2023, 05:42.

Comment

Working...
                              X