No announcement yet.

#138 - C8 Spyder - Royal Blue / Pharaoh

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good advise. I have one corner loose too...
    Rijk

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Triplitt View Post
      Hi Marrhew,

Perhaps reattaching with epoxy like the original would be best. There is an epoxy putty roll that can be purchased at the hardware store and it has a catalyst embedded in the center of it. Just cut pieces off the roll and work the putty until the catalyst is spread throughout the piece of putty. Then reapply the putty pieces to the studs and fender by pressing in place. Make sure the mesh is properly aligned, because once the putty is set, you won't be able to make any adjustments without ruining the mesh. I've done this before on another car and it held perfectly.

I would avoid anything where heat is necessary (like welding) because it would ruin the paint on the fender.
      Thanks Scott. That's what I was thinking, though I was also wondering about a silicon product as it may be more flexible with the vibration, but not sure how it would last. If I could rivet in a straight line that would be my preferred approach!
      Last edited by F Spider; 11-06-2023, 18:56.

Comment

Originally posted by mrobin33 View Post
        Thanks Scott. That's what I was thinking, though I was also wondering about a silicon product as it may be more flexible with the vibration, but not sure how it would last. If I could rivet in a straight line that would be my preferred approach!
        I don't think you need flexible silicon, since the mesh is not stiff by itself...
        Rijk

Comment

... that are glued to the fender, then the liner bolts to the frame inside the fender...
          According to Spyker they are indeed glued to the fender with a two bond glue. The brand used, is Hysol. The product number will follow on Monday (Rijk will get it from Spyker Cars).

Surface needs to be sanded and degreased otherwise it won't hold.

Comment

From HarmJan at Spyker: https://www.google.nl/search?q=locti...obile&ie=UTF-8
            Rijk

Comment

Thanks! Will see how I get on. Quite like the look without the grill at the moment - menacing!

Comment

image_17769.jpeg Stuck the grill back on with the two part epoxy. Seems good. Will put some soft padding in the wheel arch liner to hold it firm so it does not vibrate loose again...

Comment

image_17791.jpeg image_17792.jpeg A couple hundred miles today - great weather at last; dry, no salt and above 10C.

Comment

image_17794.jpeg image_17795.jpeg More...
                    Last edited by F Spider; 11-06-2023, 18:55.

Comment

image_17796.jpeg image_17797.jpeg 8000 miles of fuel data.

Comment

8000 miles of fuel data.
                        Hi Matthew,

That's cool! What device did you use to obtain and record the data?
                        Scott

Comment

I use an App called Road Trip to record every tankful, mileage and all sorts of other data - for all my cars. Im a bit obsessive!
                          Last edited by F Spider; 11-06-2023, 18:54.

Comment

8000 miles of fuel data.
                            That's cool. And a very good mileage too for a sportscar. I am impressed.

Comment

I use an App called Road Trip to record every tankful, mileage and all sorts of other data - for all my cars. Im a bit obsessive!
                              Hi Matthew,

Thanks! I'll also have to get it.
                              Scott

Comment

image_18369.jpeg image_18370.jpeg Seasonal Drive in a Spyker

A nice day for a seasonal drive... in my Xmas boots.

Comment

Working...
                                X