#??? - C8 Spyder Jet Black / Magnolia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• #??? - C8 Spyder Jet Black / Magnolia

Early Black (although on some photographs the exterior color seems to be Blue) C8 Spyder:

W020051121608077502928_2 nov. 2006.jpg W020051121608077657267.jpg W020051121608077773046.jpg W020051121608077773046_nov. 2006.jpg

At first I thought: #037 but there are too many differences to my liking...
    Last edited by Laviolette GT2R; 31-08-2010, 13:02. Reason: typo
    Winning on sunday, selling on monday!

Euro car, early Karmann. 2005, I would guess.

The other car on the stand is #010?
    Rijk

Comment

It has the older type headlights and therefore should be a CPP bodied Spyker as the new headlights were used from #081 onwards on the Karmann bodied Spykers I think?

Comment

Originally posted by Laviolette GT2R View Post
        It has the older type headlights and therefore should be a CPP bodied Spyker as the new headlights were used from #081 onwards on the Karmann bodied Spykers I think?
        I think that the wheel flares are only on the Karmann body. My previous Spyker #107 from 2006 had the old headlights replaced in 2008.

The dashboard doesn't have the central vent, and the reverse/foglights are the older bigger ones. So, after #081 and before #107?
        Rijk

Comment

It would highly surprise me to find out this one has a VIN higher than 080 as these all have the Bentley oval side markers and this one still has the older square side markers. The color combination seems like #027 but does not fit exactly? But the remark in the #027 thread by bucciali, who unfortunately removed the pics from his post (post #2) refers to the event the pictures of this unknown Spyker were taken, suggesting it's the same car.

Comment

It would highly surprise me to find out this one has a VIN higher than 080 as these all have the Bentley oval side markers and this one still has the older square side markers.
            Very good point. I didn't look at the reflectors. But it shouldn't be #027, because that one is a narrow body...

This must be the prototype body by CPP to test the wide body flares. This makes me think that it is one of the later CPP cars. Maybe it is one that is missing from our list (#071?)
            Rijk

Comment

Always thought that having the gills in the front hood automatically meant it was a wide body but you're right, #027 is not a wide body as it does not have the flares. Checked the registry and after #021 which was the prototype Spyder T widebody, #041 is the first I could spot that has the flares. #048, which is a Laviolette is the next and than possibly #053, hard to tell by the pics. Than #057 - #070 more or less a steady stream of wide bodies except for #058, #061 and #070. #051 and #062 are VIN's we don't have yet so my guess would be that this unknown Spyker is either #051 or #062 or a VIN between #071 - #079, assuming this range was built.

Comment

Added some more pics of this car at the China International Automobile Exhibition november 2005, including one of the interior revealing no air vents at the dash.

U259P33T2D151667F9DT20051122142820.jpg U397P1T1D8405775F21DT20051125224557.jpg U259P33DT20051122142730.jpg

Comment

Since there are no vents at all, it must be a very early car. I remember amzamz's #045 had originally two vents, so it should be earlier.

Could this be #028? We have no color for that entry....
                  Rijk

Comment

Intriguing car with some features that suggest a VIN higher than #050 but the absence of the vents indeed indicate a VIN much lower (although #070 also does not have the visible vents at the dasboard) like for instance #028 as you suggest or maybe even #023 or #025 two slots that are not accounted for yet. Will try to find more info.

Comment

Went through the register again to see which cars have the early no visible airco vents set-up (instead of the visible vents, the air comes through slots in the overhang of the top of the dashboard which you can't see unless you look from beneath) and of course it's inconsistant :lol: but in general Spykers with a VIN higher than #040 already have the visible airco vents and this seems to coincide with the change in position of the clock as that was removed from a centre position in the dashboard to a position near the driver (the first one from the left, right next to the left airco vent, for a LHD car). Since we know this is a wide bodied Spyker it should have a VIN higher than #021 because that was the first wide bodied Spyker; the Spyder T. And if this airco vent theory holds, it should have a VIN lower than #040. But from Spyker VIN hunting for several years now I learned that hardly any theory stcks for Spyker VIN's

Comment

Stephan, you are the great researcher on Spyker. Thank you for that
                        Rijk

Comment

Thanx but this one was too hard so I asked around and someone suggested that this could actually be #048, which we have as a Laviolette

These pics are interesting as the one with the Clifford alarm remote control with the lable seems to read: "C8 Spyder Royal Blue"?

Not sure if it's true but definitely a possibility as the specs between this unknown Spyder and Laviolette #048 seem to match and the Spyder was never seen after the Laviolette was first seen and the Laviolette was not spotted earlier than the Spyder was last seen.

Comment

Thanx but this one was too hard so I asked around and someone suggested that this could actually be #048, which we have as a Laviolette

These pics are interesting as the one with the Clifford alarm remote control with the lable seems to read: "C8 Spyder Royal Blue"?

Not sure if it's true but definitely a possibility as the specs between this unknown Spyder and Laviolette #048 seem to match and the Spyder was never seen after the Laviolette was first seen and the Laviolette was not spotted earlier than the Spyder was last seen.
                            These pictures definitely look like royal blue and pharaoh to me (same as mine), not black. So unless it was painted and converted, it's unlikely the same car as #48.
                            Last edited by mrobin33; 18-02-2016, 17:49.

Comment

Don't know if this helps, but the tag on the Clifford alarm for #228 also calls out the color of the car. To label the Clifford alarms with a description of the car must have been a standard practice at the factory.
                              Scott

Comment

Working...
                              X