Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• #030 - C8 Spyder Gun metal (originally black) / Brown

This is the Spyker that had an accident in Belgium:

On january 13th 2007 on the highway near Wilrijk (Belgium), a Spyker C8 Spyder run of the highway. The driver of the car was an employee of garage Beerens in Antwerp that was instructed to deliver the car in Brussels for the upcoming car show.

Some photographs of the incident (copyright: Dick Tavenier):

crash_1.jpg crash_2.jpg crash_3.jpg
    crash_4.jpg crash_5.jpg crash_7.jpg

This Spyker had substantial damage but was repaired, as can be seen in the following articles (unfortunately the text is Dutch but nevertheless interesting):

Cursus: Hoe repareer ik een Spyker, les 1 » Autoblog.nl » Autonieuws van de straat
    Cursus: Hoe repareer ik een Spyker, les 2 » Autoblog.nl » Autonieuws van de straat
    Cursus: Hoe repareer ik een Spyker, les 3 (slot) » Autoblog.nl » Autonieuws van de straat
    Winning on sunday, selling on monday!

It’s a good thing that the car was fully repaired. Thanks for giving it a vin GT2R.

Comment

Originally posted by Wouter View Post
      Thanks for giving it a vin GT2R.
      That credit goes to SpykerX3: http://www.spykerowner.com/forum/uno....html#post7193 (post #55 and post #60).
      Last edited by F Spider; 11-03-2023, 22:57.

Comment

#030 - C8 Spyder

Model year 2005

VIN XL9GA11A95Z363030

Found on CarFax by Edvar van Daalen. Color unknown. Last known serviced in 2006, location unknown.

Comment

http://www.spykerowner.com/forum/uno...ack-brown.html

We had it before.

Comment

My apologies. I tried to make sure I wasn't duplicating anything, must have missed this one!

Although it is interesting that CarFax has record of it being in the States in 2006, and it crashed in Belgium in 2007.

Comment

Is Spyker of Antwerp still an active seller? Their demonstrator car is still for sale, the website hasn't been updated for a long time and when I drove by this weekend there was nothing showing they sell Spykers
              The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do

Comment

Threads merged

Comment

Originally posted by IVR007 View Post
                  Is Spyker of Antwerp still an active seller? Their demonstrator car is still for sale, the website hasn't been updated for a long time and when I drove by this weekend there was nothing showing they sell Spykers

I was also amazed by the poor pictures Spyker of Antwerpen us to advertising there stock cars.... I don't know why Beerens/Spyker of Antwerpen looks to be a bit passive....

Comment

Here she is in the Netherlands, uploaded today.

www.autogespot.com/

Comment

Beerens

Yesterday I visited Beerens and I was able to take a close look at the VIN number of the C8 Spyder they currently have for sale. I was shocked to find out that it was: #030...

Beerens 24 juni 2010_1.jpg Beerens 24 juni 2010_2.jpg Beerens 24 juni 2010_3.jpg
                      Beerens 24 juni 2010_4.jpg Beerens 24 juni 2010_5.jpg Beerens 24 juni 2010_6.jpg

Sorry for the very poor quality of the pictures, especially the one of the VIN plate (but as I said: I was shocked )

Comment

So this car was the black/brown demonstrator for Beerens, with gills on the bonnet although it wasn't a wide body.
                        Then it crashed and it was repainted black, it lost it's gills and received a scoop on the back lid', and 'Spyker' written on it.
                        And now it turns out this car was then painted metallic grey, it lost it's scoop but kept the original soft top and got it's gills back...

Very strange.

Comment

Thanks for the pictures Stephan!

Comment

EDIT: Deleted the content of this post, to prevent confusion
                            Last edited by Aiglos91; 05-06-2011, 16:21.
                            Olav

Instagram
                            https://www.instagram.com/3stfotografie/?hl=nl

Comment

Maybe these are old pictures, as the website mentioned on the side (www.spijkwatch.nl) isn't online...
                              Last edited by F Spider; 11-03-2023, 22:56.

Comment

Working...
                              X