• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• #170 - C8 Laviolette - Black / Red - RHD

#170 didn't had it's own thread so far.

Here is a flickr album with pictures (not all of them show #170):
    #170 - a set on Flickr
    Last edited by F Spider; 28-07-2023, 00:05.

#170 - C8 laviolette - Black / Red RHD

170.jpg170 (2).jpg
    170 (3).jpg170 (4).jpg

+ YouTube Video
    ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

autogespot.com
    170 (5).jpg170 (6).jpg
    Last edited by IVR007; 11-02-2010, 18:32.
    The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do

Comment

Posted by Wouter in the picture dump
      170 (7).jpg170 (8).jpg

Comment

We had a thread of it before... http://www.spykerowner.com/forum/uno...k-red-rhd.html
        Last edited by F Spider; 28-07-2023, 00:05.

Comment

My bad, I searched and looked in the register but that only links to the flickr page. Mi scusi

Comment

Thanks for merging the two Hans. In the youtube video I posted earlier you can see this car now has the propelor style steering wheel. This is some footage of this car in the workshop at Broughtons. Seems to have gotten an airco update too.
            + YouTube Video
            ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

170 after updates.jpg
            Last edited by F Spider; 28-07-2023, 00:04.

Comment

Anyone know the reason for Spyker switching fro the propeller steering wheel to what many of us have now? I would love to have the propeller, but recall a previous thread that seems to have concluded that it's a ton of work to switch out.

Originally posted by IVR007 View Post
              Thanks for merging the two Hans. In the youtube video I posted earlier you can see this car now has the propelor style steering wheel. This is some footage of this car in the workshop at Broughtons. Seems to have gotten an airco update too.
              + YouTube Video

[ATTACH]6445[/ATTACH]

Comment

Originally posted by Swisstrader View Post
                Anyone know the reason for Spyker switching fro the propeller steering wheel to what many of us have now?
                When you wear the four point seatbelt properly the propellor steering wheel is perfectly safe as you can't hit it. But it can be lethal in a head on collision if you don't use a four point harness (or use the harness incorrectly).

So I assume Spyker discontinued the steering wheel to prevent claims.

Comment

Recall the line from Jeremy at Top Gear?..."imagine being impaled by this thing....ah but what a way to go"!!...that one always cracked me up.:lol:

Originally posted by SpykerOwner View Post
                  When you wear the four point seatbelt properly the propellor steering wheel is perfectly safe as you can't hit it. But it can be lethal in a head on collision if you don't use a four point harness (or use the harness incorrectly).

So I assume Spyker discontinued the steering wheel to prevent claims.

Comment

Didn't Jeremy Clarkson once say something like "to heck with airbags, if they really want people to arrive safely, they would mount a spike on the steering wheel -- that would really focus your mind on safe driving!" :lol:
                    With Tenacity, No Roof Is Impossible

Comment

photo
                      170 (9).JPG

Comment

image_8335.jpg image_8336.jpg image_8337.jpg image_8338.jpg ... today with me in London, Thruxton and at Wilton House.

Comment

image_8352.jpg ... what an excellent shot!

Source: here.
                          Last edited by F Spider; 28-07-2023, 00:03.

Comment

I assume this is not a Basic instinct car (no BI2 badge etc.)? Or is it?
                            Last edited by IVR007; 31-10-2010, 00:10.

Comment

Originally posted by IVR007 View Post
                              I assume this is not a Basic instinct car (no BI2 badge etc.)? Or is it?
                              I'm not sure if every BI2 car has a badge. I think the owner could choose not to have it fitted? I'm not sure about the interiorcolor either: Is it Lipstick Red or Ruby? Maybe amzamz can tell, he saw this one for real.
                              Last edited by F Spider; 28-07-2023, 00:03.
                              Winning on sunday, selling on monday!

Comment

Working...
                              X