X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Somewhere in Shanghai
    Attached Files

Comment

• ... do we know which car this is? (Chassis#?)

Comment

• #057, was wrapped chrome, but now apperently in her original color again.
        Winning on sunday, selling on monday!

Comment

• That is better. Tungsten is such a beautiful color
          Rijk

Comment

• This one has the plexi glass windbreaker. I wonder if it works.
            Rijk

Comment

• Originally posted by amzamz View Post
              ... do I see that correctly? Added orange? (source)
              Yes, definitely added orange on this Swiss Spyker

[ATTACH]15074[/ATTACH]

Comment

• Do we know that car? CPP body and LED taillights....
                Rijk

Comment

• Should be #038
                  Winning on sunday, selling on monday!

Comment

• Same event
                    Attached Files

Comment

• Do the wind deflectors help? I find no problem in mine, no buffeting at all.. but I am 'only' 5'9" (175cm)

Comment

• The Spyker is so much better than the 6 series convertible. Even with seat heating and steering wheel heating, the BMW is much draftier than the Spyker. I don't think the screen is necessary at all to replace the wind blocking that the soft top provides.
                        Rijk

Comment

• Originally posted by mrobin33 View Post
                          Do the wind deflectors help? I find no problem in mine, no buffeting at all.. but I am 'only' 5'9" (175cm)
                          The observation that a plexiglass wind screen does not result in any improvement in reducing wind buffeting may be due to the configuration of the opened convertible top. The top may have been designed to reduce the asymmetrical air flow pattern that would usually form around any blunt object. (This pattern is known as a von Karman vortex street and is essentially the basis for the physics behind the Gurney Flap used on race cars.) In any event, the design of the Spyker convertible top obviously negated the alternate shedding of vortices that can create periodic vibration and in this case, resulted in a damping of mechanical resonance (i.e., buffeting) in the cockpit.

As a result of the Spyker design, no improvement would be observed with the addition of a plexiglass wind screen. However, the addition of said screen could definitely increase the probability of bug collisions on the surface immediately behind the driver's and passenger's heads. That is, if the screen was not designed to increase the asymmetrical air flow and eject the bugs up and over the top of the screen itself! :lol:
                          Scott

Comment

• Very interesting info. However, I think that the Plexiglas screen is only used on topless cars, recreating the convertible top wind deflection pattern.
                            Rijk

Comment

• Originally posted by mrobin33 View Post
                              Do the wind deflectors help? I find no problem in mine, no buffeting at all.. but I am 'only' 5'9" (175cm)
                              I don't need one. And I am 6'2"

I do need a Spyker though

Comment

• I have removed the soft top and have no buffeting even without it - but it helps if I open the windows a tiny bit. May help a bit when reversing at high speed though?

Comment

Working...
                                X