Spyker Cars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spyker Cars

This is my first post here and i´ve some questions.

Today, Spyker produces the C8 Spyder, Laviolette, Double 12. What about the Car they presented in Geneva, it was a Double 12 without roof. Can you order this car?
    I´ve seen 2 different roofs for the C8 Spyder. Are both roof solutions avaible to order?

Still a next question. What about the C12? Can you order a C12 LaTurbine and what happened to the C12 Zagato? Will there be also a normal C12 Coupe without Zagato styling?

When will be delivered the D12? I´ve read that the first cars will be delivered in December 2007.

The last Question: What about the new factory. I saw some pictures here in this forum.

Thanks for replies and answer the questions. Sorry for so much questions.

Hi Bjoern,

Welcome to this forum, I will try to answer your questions.

You should now that the C8 models have the 400 hp 4.2 Audi V8 and the C12 models have the 500 hp 6.0 VW W12 engine.

But Spyker decided that they won't use the W12 anymore. As far as I know only a few C12 LaTurbie models were build and the introduction of the C12 Zagato is cancelled/delayed. And when it enters production it will have different engine. Also the D12 SSUV will have a diffent engine, maybe American.

Production will start at the end of 2008.

Currently there are 4 different C8 models. And they have the following names:

Old Name - New Name
    C8 Spyder - C8 Spyder SWB (Short Wheelbase)
    C8 Laviolette - C8 Laviolette SWB
    C8 Double 12S Spyder - C8 Spyder LWB
    C8 Double 12S - C8 Laviolette LWB

As you see there will be both SWB & LWB models but the production of the new and improved LWB models will not start untill mid-2008. The LWB models will have the following advantages on top of the SWB models.

- The LWB models can be fitted with a automatic gearbox
    - The LWB models have an improved softtop (electric?)
    - The LWB models have better breaks
    - The LWB models have....?

I don't think that the new factory will be build very soon, maybe 2010?

Comment

Ok, thank you. You helped me a lot, but i´ve 2 more questions. How many C12 are built? I only know 1 car.

What about this car, it looks like a c12 but there stands c8 on the side. Has the car a body kit or can you order another shape?
      Spyker C8
      Spyker C8
      Last edited by Bjoern; 23-12-2007, 14:28.

Comment

Originally posted by AX lover View Post
        - The LWB models can be fitted with a automatic gearbox
        - The LWB models have an improved softtop (electric?)
        - The LWB models have better breaks
        - The LWB models have....?
        That is a nice overview of the Spyker line-up. About the C8 Spyder LWB.

I can add that the soft top will indeed be electrically operated.

The brakes on the LWB will not necessarily be better, it's just that they are power assisted. The non-power brakes on the C8 have shorter braking distances than a Ferrari 360. They just work like race car brakes and you have to get used to it.

The LWB will also get a better airco, but that is also the case for the SWB.

I think, but I'm not sure that the LWB will also get a radio (navigation?).

All in all, the LWB will be appealing to a wider public. The SWB will remain the lighter, faster, nimbler, harder purist car.
        Rijk

Comment

@Bjoern,

I saw that you also had a question about the 2 types of softtops Spyker used. As far as I know, this is the first type:

And later they changed it into this:

Personally I like the way the "old" style looked better but I guess the new style is more practical.

I don't know how many C12 LaTurbie's were build but there is at least 1 LaTurbie build. It had chassisnumber 055.

One the pictures of the Spyker in China you see a C8 Double 12S with the nose of the C12 LaTurbie. I think customer just ordered a C8 Double 12S but he liked the nose of the LaTurbie better and wanted that nose on his car. You can recognise it by the different shape of the headlights and the bigger grille and the little "holes" around the grille. It looks the same as the grille on the D12 SSUV.

@F Spider, do you maybe know if the new C8 LWB also gets this new nose?

Comment

AX Lover,

There is nothing practical about the later top. You need two people and it's more complicated than setting up a tent, and, when folded up, it completely blocks the interior rear-view mirror . About half of the Spyker C8 Spyder manual is dedicated to the top. Totally hopeless. I've completely removed the top, so now it is a Spyker C8 Roadster.

The latest design of the C8 LWB is shown in the following link:

http://www.spykerowner.com/misc/Soft%20Top_Up.wmv
            Rijk

Comment

Ok, thank you for your answers. Both softtop variants are avaible? And if you have enough money, you can customize your Spyker such as the one from Hong-Kong.

I think that this style looks better. It´s more agressive and the headlights are much better, i think. In the normal C8, the lights are too soft. But anyway it´s only my taste.

Comment

No, only the short version is available on the Spyker C8 SWB. The LWB will get the better looking top.
                Rijk

Comment

Going slightly off at a tangent - does anyone know why they dropped the W12 engine???

Comment

I think that the w12 engine is too expensive, a american engine is perfekt for the D12, but for the C12, i would ever prefer the W12 engine, because it is better for the image of the car and makes the car "better".

My question was, if both C8SWB softtops are avaible today. Sorry for my english. Merry Christmas

Comment

@Kevin Slegg, they dropped the W12 engine because the production of this engine will stop in 3 years. So Spyker doesn't want to invest money in a car that has an engine which will go out of production.

@Bjoen, on the SWB only the "new" softtop is available (the one on the orange C8).

Comment

Originally posted by AX lover View Post
                        @Kevin Slegg, they dropped the W12 engine because the production of this engine will stop in 3 years. So Spyker doesn't want to invest money in a car that has an engine which will go out of production.
                        I see - thanks

Comment

What's the new name of the one with the supercharger then?
                          Autogespot - De verzameling van bijzondere auto's gespot door jullie in het wild!
                          http://www.autogespot.com

Comment

Originally posted by Boink View Post
                            What's the new name of the one with the supercharger then?
                            Autogespot - De verzameling van bijzondere auto's gespot door jullie in het wild!
                            Good question

Comment

I think that is just a normal C8 Double 12S with the 4.2 V8 Audi engine but with also a supercharged mounted on it for extra power.

I have also seen a picture of a C8 Spyder LWB Supercharged on the Spyker website:

But it could also be so that the C8 Spyder LWB S/C is converted into a C8 Double 12S S/C.

Comment

Working...
                              X