Is this my car??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this my car??

Saw brief mention of my soon to be delivered 086, but can't imagine it being the same car mentioned in an article from some time ago (??)...VIN 086 or simply car number 86?

Victor Muller, CEO Spyker Cars: “Bullrun is an extremely challenging rally which will take our cars from the East to the West Coast under different weather and road conditions. We will cover at least 3.000 miles. I am absolutely thrilled and honored to have 9-time Olympic Gold Medal Winner Carl Lewis join me as the driver of car number 086. I am confident that the car will meet his expectations of speed and acceleration.”

2006 Spyker C8 Spyder - Cleared for takeoff in the USA | Spyker
    Last edited by Swisstrader; 12-10-2009, 04:38.

I think that in the end Victor was driving the 086 and Carl Lewis was driving the 107.

Carl Lewis Arrives at the Bullrun Kickoff | Bullrun 2006 | Veoh
    Rijk

Comment

My car, 083, was in the 2008 Bullrun, part of the corporate team . . . I view this as a good thing.

Justice
      With Tenacity, No Roof Is Impossible

Comment

Quote from the article: "Spyker CEO, Victor Muller, will drive the Spyker C8 Spyder with entry number 085. Carl Lewis, Olympic legend and car nut, will be behind the wheel as driver of the Spyker C8 Spyder with entry number 086."

So it seems like the 086 is just referring to the entry number on the car and not to the VIN number.
        Winning on sunday, selling on monday!

Comment

I found a picture as well:

Click image for larger version

Name:	197569981_42e85ece31_b.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	141.4 KB
ID:	60518

The Spyker with number 85 is #093.

Rijk is right: Carl Lewis drove the number 86 car #107 and Victor drove the number 85 car #093 (C8 VRM stands for C8 Victor R. Muller)
          Winning on sunday, selling on monday!

Comment

Originally posted by Laviolette GT2R View Post
            I found a picture as well:

[ATTACH]5678[/ATTACH]

The Spyker with number 85 is #093.

Rijk is right: Carl Lewis drove the number 86 car #107 and Victor drove the number 85 car #093 (C8 VRM stands for C8 Victor R. Muller)
            Thanks for the clarification...p.s. I'm amazed how "all over it" you guys are with respect to knowing where each Spyker is at all times

Comment

Correct... 2006 Bullrun (#093, #107) 2007 Bullrun (#083) 2008 Bullrun (#083, #155)
              Vinny

- former SPYKER Employee, but a fan for life....

Comment

A Mosler MT900S sighting! Awesome.

Comment

Working...
                X