Music in a C8??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Music in a C8??

I know this will be blasphemous to most here, but I love my music and want to consider different options for my car to be able to hear some music.

Saw an 09 today that had speakers in the side doors and an iPod hookup running discretly alongside the gear shift.

How difficult would this be to do for an 06 and are there other options that would not hurt the integrity of the car? (also giving up Nav will be a hardship for me)

SpykerX3 has an extensive stereo system built into his Spyker, as well as Dutchdude.

I use a TomTom for navigation. A 12V outlet can easily be built into the glove box.
    Rijk

Comment

I have a set of speakers and pods that a local stereo shop could install just like OEM.

The 09 uses just an ipod for input, but I could help with other options.

Check one this forum for other owners that have put big stereos in their cars.
      Vinny

- former SPYKER Employee, but a fan for life....

Comment

I'd like to go with simple...iPod jack and speakers.

Comment

Originally posted by Swisstrader View Post
          I'd like to go with simple...iPod jack and speakers.
          If you build in speakers in the doors, you also need stronger hydraulic arms for the doors.
          Rijk

Comment

There is a "conversion kit" available but finding the folks to do it can be challenging. When Al & Ed's did mine (they are one of the best on the west coast) they had to get wiring diagrams, etc. from Spyker. Here is a link to some more info:
            http://www.spykerowner.com/forum/spy...reo-my-c8.html

If you talk to Vinny, he can get you the Spyker parts (cost is unknown to me) but I STRONGLY urge you to use someone reputable and also someone handy with a saw that can cut aluminum! My car was recently featured in the Robb Report due to the work Al & Ed's did. If you would like the contact info for them send me a PM. they are awesome. I have awesome tunes, nav, and a backup camera--oh, and Satelite radio!

Dan

Comment

Have you already decided what to do with music in your C8?

Comment

Originally posted by SpykerOwner View Post
                Have you already decided what to do with music in your C8?
                Brought the car to a high end audio shop, AutoDesign in Manhattan (run by a guy named Michael Angelo...only in NY!). He recommended we go with a KOS-L432 4.3" touch screen monitor for Satellite and iPod, which should fit pretty neatly in that tiny space just above the shifter. Then finish it off with some high end Morel speakers in the doors and build a custom subwoofer into the floor foot well area of the passenger side. The system would be powered by a multi channel amplifier with app. 600 watts of total power.

He can also hook me up with a 7" monitor as well, but we'd have to see how that would work (4" monitor w touch screen laying flat may be a bit awkward). The thing I like about the setup is that it looks very unobtrusive...no cutting into the dash and pretty slick and compact:

Kenwood - KOS-L432

I still have to make a decision as to whether or not I even want tunes in the car...I'm really enjoying the rev of the engine more than anything else and thusfar haven't gone on any long enough jaunts to warrant Nav. I'll make a decision over the next few weeks.

Comment

I use my portable Garmin. I can't bring myself to modify the factory spec. I just have visions of someone in '29 doing something similar to a Talbot Lago or Delage, and what we'd say about that today. No offense, Dan (that article in Robb Report was sweet).

Comment

Originally posted by Basokolow View Post
                    I use my portable Garmin. I can't bring myself to modify the factory spec. I just have visions of someone in '29 doing something similar to a Talbot Lago or Delage, and what we'd say about that today. No offense, Dan (that article in Robb Report was sweet).
                    Thinking the same on my end...Nav=my Verizon Navigator on phone, music=my C8 exhaust and satellite=what I see in the sky when the top is down which is always

Comment

I admit to using the top in the winter because I missed driving the car, and there were some crisp winter days that were really pleasant. So funny to not use the heat in the winter, because as we all know, the engine makes plenty.

Comment

After some experimentation I am sticking with the 40 valve 8 track that sits right behind me. Best played between 3300-6800 rpm and if in hilly areas the surround sound is terrific

Comment

Originally posted by mrobin33 View Post
                          After some experimentation I am sticking with the 40 valve 8 track that sits right behind me. Best played between 3300-6800 rpm and if in hilly areas the surround sound is terrific
                          LOL...same for me, but this guys setup is pretty sick...will wait a few wks before I decide.

Comment

hills? try tunnels

Comment

Tunnels GOOD! :lol:
                              With Tenacity, No Roof Is Impossible

Comment

Working...
                              X