What's the future hold for Spyker?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's the future hold for Spyker?

I'm considering buying a Spyker, but one thing that gnaws at my brain a bit is whether or not the company will survive into the future. I like some of what I hear and see, but I also see a bit of churn at the top of the organization and still concerns about Spyker turning a profit after 9 years or so.

Thoughts on stability of Spyker and thoughts on what it would mean for owners if they (G-d forbid) went belly up?

All the great car companies have had tumultous histories. They make great products. Making money is harder. If they survive long enough, they get respectable.

Spyker is no different. Either way, the cars are classics and special to own.

Are you thinking of buying a car, or investing in the stock?

Perhaps you would take some comfort from the thought that the engine comes from Audi . . . (just like the engine in that other car you are thinking about buying)?
    With Tenacity, No Roof Is Impossible

Comment

Originally posted by OnTheLam View Post
      All the great car companies have had tumultous histories. They make great products. Making money is harder. If they survive long enough, they get respectable.

Spyker is no different. Either way, the cars are classics and special to own.

Are you thinking of buying a car, or investing in the stock?

Perhaps you would take some comfort from the thought that the engine comes from Audi . . . (just like the engine in that other car you are thinking about buying)?
      I would not buy the stock...and I've learned just like with horses, very few cars are an investment opportunity. If I do buy the car, I would buy it with the intention of driving it every chance I get and either keeping it for my son or for resale at some stage down the road.

Comment

Those of us that get a paycheck from Spyker have more to worry about than the owners... I have been around this company since 2004, and have no reason for concern for my future.

If anything I take pride in knowing that years down the road I was a part of making history and each new owner should do the same.

No other company since Lamborghini (in the sixties) has gotten this far in this segment of the market.
        Vinny

- former SPYKER Employee, but a fan for life....

Comment

Originally posted by ReducedSpeedAhead View Post
          Those of us that get a paycheck from Spyker have more to worry about than the owners... I have been around this company since 2004, and have no reason for concern for my future.

If anything I take pride in knowing that years down the road I was a part of making history and each new owner should do the same.

No other company since Lamborghini (in the sixties) has gotten this far in this segment of the market.
          Great answer...thanks Vinny and thanks for the PM..on a call with a couple of the dealers tonight

Comment

Well I think Koenigsegg and Pagani are doing rather well too. Possibly better than Spyker. Not to be degrading or anything, I love Spyker

Comment

Vinny, your pride and enthusiasm is typical of the people I have met working for Spyker -- it really recommends the brand that it inspires such excitement in its associates.

We all wish the very best for Spyker!
              With Tenacity, No Roof Is Impossible

Comment

Working...
              X