Road America track day pix

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Road America track day pix

Here are some photos of my 1980 Firebird at Road America with the Midwest F-Body Association event this past weekend (F-Body is GM-speak for Camaros and Firebirds). About 65 cars in attendance, including an F355 and two Nissan GT-R's (sadly no Spykers!).

I'm admittedly not a big Japanese car fan (save for the NSX), but the new GT-R has got to have set a new record for Least Inspiring Exhaust Note Ever, just displacing the early side-exhuast Vipers. At idle the thing sounds like an odd-fire Buick 231 V6, down a cylinder, under water:

bwuh bwuh bwuh bwuh bwuh bwuh bwuh bwuh bwuh bwuh bwuh

Anyway, other than the 50 degree (F) weather, we had a good time, as you see the fall colors were coming in nicely! I even managed to crack a few brake rotors, so in spite of the cold track we were pushing pretty hard!

Matt
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Mattjs33; 05-10-2009, 18:47.

Originally posted by Mattjs33 View Post
    .. but the new GT-R has got to have set a new record for Least Inspiring Exhaust Note Ever, just displacing the early side-exhuast Vipers. At idle the thing sounds like an odd-fire Buick 231 V6, down a cylinder, under water:

bwuh bwuh bwuh bwuh bwuh bwuh bwuh bwuh bwuh bwuh bwuh
    :lol: :lol:

Good to hear you had a fun day.

Comment

That looks like a lot of fun Matt

Comment

Definitely!

We are hoping to get to Road Atlanta yet, in mid November. That will be our sixth event for this year. We try to get to 4-5 events a year, although last year we only got out twice.

By "we" I mean my father and I. He also has his own Firebird, a 1987, that he runs track days with. He's 70! And often I can't catch him! Here's a picture of his car, at Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course, a few years ago.
        Attached Files

Comment

Working...
        X