Road and Track tests the Aileron

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Road and Track tests the Aileron

Look here for the article: Road & Track Magazine - Driving Impression: 2010 Spyker C8 Aileron (9/2009)
    Attached Files

Nice article, we have heard the complaints about the disconnected steering feel earlier(http://www.spykerowner.com/forum/spy...html#post11530). I would really like to read a test with the 6 speed manual gearbox
    The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do

Comment

I love these shots!!
      Digi-Shape Auto Fotografie
      Digi-Shape Auto Posters

Comment

Originally posted by IVR007 View Post
        Nice article, we have heard the complaints about the disconnected steering feel earlier(http://www.spykerowner.com/forum/spy...html#post11530). I would really like to read a test with the 6 speed manual gearbox
        Please not that all the media about the Aileron is based on a Pre- Production car and not a final spec one. They often forget to mention that doing there drive, and it is a drive not a "Test" of the vehicle.

Comment

Originally posted by jpclinging View Post
          Please not that all the media about the Aileron is based on a Pre- Production car and not a final spec one. They often forget to mention that doing there drive, and it is a drive not a "Test" of the vehicle.
          Yes I know but therefore, isn't it better to let them wait to drive one when it is 'ready'? (knowing they have bad memories when it comes to these kind of things)
          Last edited by IVR007; 04-09-2009, 22:41.
          The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do

Comment

As a loyal Car and Driver reader for 24 years, I can tell you that Car and Driver seems to have a policy of indicating in any preview drive if the car they drove is a preprodction model or a production car. They often do make a point of noting that they expect the production cars to have adjustments made, and even will qualify their judgements on a car until they conduct a full and proper road test of a series production example. I would hope that other magazines would do the same.

The magazines will do these brief test drives before the production cars are "ready" because they want to get the earliest scoop possible, and they know that car buffs like us are dying for the lastest news and views on the upcoming models. Especially ones that maybe we can't afford!

Comment

Nice pictures.
              Rijk

Comment

Working...
              X