Spyker now listed in NAPA electronic catalog

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spyker now listed in NAPA electronic catalog

Hi guys, my father and I run a large NAPA auto parts store here in Illinois. When I found this forum I decided that we should have Spykers listed in our electronic catalog that we use for parts lookups. Luckily I have a relationship with the people at NAPA in Atlanta who put together the electronic catalog that is in use at the NAPA stores nationwide. As a result of my efforts, I can officially say that Spyker is now listed in the NAPA electronic catalog! There are still a few issues to be worked out, such as they don't have them listed for model year 2005, but these are minor details I'm still working on with them.

Of course, NAPA does not yet have any parts listed for Spykers, but I just like the idea that they're in there. I feel it shows that NAPA is the leader in this field, that there are no cars we haven't heard of. I also managed to get them to add Koenigsegg, Bitter, Tucker, and Vector :lol:.
    Attached Files

sweet

You could get NAPA to secretly link through to Audi parts

Comment

The reality is that there are many parts for the Audi engine for which NAPA could provide listings (including timing components, gaskets, ignition coils and valve train parts), but the problem is that there are a few different variants of the 4172cc Audi engine, and there are some differences between them that affect the applications of some of these parts. In fact, in my very first thread here ( http://www.spykerowner.com/forum/spy...on-wanted.html) we had a discussion about exactly which variant of this engine is in Spykers, and not even Vinny Russo could provide a definitive answer.

The further complication to the issue is that many OEMs are sometimes understandably reluctant to provide application information to the aftermarket, and aftermarket suppliers don't usually concern themselves with researching applications for vehicles with such a low worldwide population, unless they were the OEM supplier to begin with. For example, NGK provides a listing for spark plugs for the only-300-to-be-produced Bugatti Veyron (plug #1961, I keep a set in stock!), because they are the OEM spark plug supplier.

However, I am certain that numerous parts on Spykers are industry standard items, such as brake pads, batteries, wiper blades, accessory drive belts, spark plugs, and filters (NAPA sources MANN filters through their Altrom division, so that may be some help there). NAPA could easily provide listings for these items, if only we had a source for these applications. There are a very small number of Spykers in the U.S., but as some Spyker owners may not live close to their dealer, it would be nice for a Spyker owner to be able to walk into a NAPA store and have even a counterperson with limited experience look up a headlight or battery for their Spyker with little trouble.

Now that Spykers are listed in the vehicle table, NAPA will alert their suppliers (many of which are OEM suppliers to many manufacturers worldwide) to these missing applications. It is then up to these suppliers to determine whether or not it is worth researching applications for these cars. I do not expect to gain a large amount of parts listings for Spykers in the short term. But it is a start having them in the vehicle table.
      Last edited by Mattjs33; 12-08-2009, 00:40.

Comment

Thanks for the elaborate explanation on how the NAPA system.
        It sounds like there could be a good use of NAPA for spyker owners and it's going to be interesting to see whether suppliers see an advantage.

Comment

Last week I stumbled upon this wiper blade listing that now appears in the NAPA cataloging software! It's for a 2009 Laviolette. I was stunned to see it in there; I don't know the source of the listing, but it may have come from Trico themselves.

At present, this listing only covers the 2009 Laviolette. I would like to try to expand this listing, but may need some help. I assume that all years Laviolettes take the same wiper blade. I also assume that Spyders have the same length blade as the Laviolettes. Can anyone confirm this?

Good to know that you can go into any NAPA store and ask the counterman to look up a wiper blade for your 2009 Spyker Laviolette, even if he has no idea what one is! This information also appears in the NAPA website, NAPAonline.com.

Hope to expand this listing! It's not much, but it's a start!
          Attached Files

Comment

Matt, your efforts are appreciated!
            With Tenacity, No Roof Is Impossible

Comment

... I am not sure about Spyder vs Laviolette, but what I have noticed is that the earlier C8 Spyder chassis # have their wipers on the right side, whereas the later ones have it on the left!

Comment

Originally posted by amzamz View Post
                ... I am not sure about Spyder vs Laviolette, but what I have noticed is that the earlier C8 Spyder chassis # have their wipers on the right side, whereas the later ones have it on the left!
                If I don't count #029 (built in 2008), #050 is the first one with the wiper on the left side. But #055 and #058 have it on the right again

Comment

That might also have something to do with LHD vs RHD cars?

Comment

PS And a new wiper blade costs only $9.99
                    Store Locator | NAPA Online

Comment

How much for a gas cap?

(You won't believe the price quoted by the factory!)

Comment

Originally posted by OnTheLam View Post
                        How much for a gas cap?

(You won't believe the price quoted by the factory!)
                        :lol:

Like most things Spyker, the gas cap is quite special, no?

Comment

Indeed indeed.
                          The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do

Comment

Victor Muller himself advised me of the low cost of Spyker ownership compared to other sports car brands. But he was presumably thinking about the grade of motor oil and not the replacement price of a gas cap!

Thanks for the Micro Metalsmith's link, I feel better already.

Comment

How much does a new gas cap cost?

Comment

Working...
                              X