New Ailerons in the Factory

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Ailerons in the Factory

On my last visit with Victor, I got happily sidetracked with getting a real insight in the development of the Spyker D8 Peking to Paris, but there was more to see.

I did not get to see the red Aileron (#252), since it was in the air on its way from Atlanta to Zeewolde, but there was plenty to see. If I'm correct I saw the #251 (Black) Lotus Test Aileron, the #253, the second press car (Black) as well as what should be #254 (White).

The whole "old" factory is now bustling with activities around the Aileron. Groups of Spyker people working on different assemblies. De old series C8 is now built in the "new" factory down the street.

Victor showed many final production parts and assemblies that they are using now. Upper and lower arms, door hinges as well as the whole chassis, that has an even higher torsional rigidity than specified. I alway thought that the chassis was a variation of Lotus' VAV platform, but the Spyker Aileron has completely its own design.

The whole atmosphere in the factory felt good. This is a hopping place
    Rijk

It really sucked that I did not have a camera with me

However, that gives me a reason to go back soon
    Rijk

Comment

And, one more thing. I got to see photo's of the Aileron C8 Spyder. All I can say is WOW.....
      Rijk

Comment

You are one lucky man Rijk
        The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do

Comment

Originally posted by IVR007 View Post
          You are one lucky man Rijk
          Yes, that is right, what the old saying? Something like: "the harder I work, the luckier I get"
          Rijk

Comment

Good to see they are building a lot of Aileron's I do hope that they will be up to speed really quick. How many 'old' C8's are currently being build? It that production scaled down already? Or are they still busy building the finale LM85's and other customer cars?

Comment

Originally posted by AX lover View Post
              How many 'old' C8's are currently being build? It that production scaled down already?
              I have no idea. The C8 is being built in the second factory, and I did not visit there. Victor, however said that there is enough difference between the C8 and the Aileron to keep building them next to each other for the coming years
              Rijk

Comment

That is good to hear

C8 Spyder/Laviolette = hardcore
                C8 Aileron = softer Granturismo?

Comment

Good news for a small share owner like me

Comment

Working...
                  X