Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting a Spyker...

Hello All,

My name is Calvin Dang and I am new to this forum. My time frame of getting new 09' Spyker C8 sometimes this year. I would say in month of December. Any suggestion or recommendation would be much appreciated
    Cheers,

Calvin D.
    2007 Mercedes SL550
    2007 Lotus Elise Type 72D - Limited Edition #04 of 50

Welcome on board. The Spyker is an excellent choice. And like the Elise it excels in pure driving experiences.

Comment

Which model do you want?

C8 Spyder, C8 Laviolette or the new C8 Aileron?

Comment

When will the C8 Aileron be available, and will it be available in Spyder form, or do we have to wait for that?

Comment

Originally posted by Bavarian Motorist View Post
          When will the C8 Aileron be available, and will it be available in Spyder form, or do we have to wait for that?
          The C8 Aileron can be ordered now. The world premiere was at the Geneva Motorshow last March. The Spyder version will be presented at Pebble Beach this autumn.

Comment

second hand spykers

... there seems to be no better time than RIGHT NOW to get a second hand spyker! the economy and the number of C8 spyders make this possible! good prices, and I am sure the cars will last for well over 100,000kms...

Comment

@amzamz, how many kms are there already on your C8?

Comment

I am thinking of either the C8 Laviolette or the new C8 Aileron. But would love to go for the Limited Edition C8 Laviolette LM85 . Perhaps this is it
                Cheers,

Calvin D.
                2007 Mercedes SL550

Comment

Originally posted by cudang View Post
                  I am thinking of either the C8 Laviolette or the new C8 Aileron. But would love to go for the Limited Edition C8 Laviolette LM85 . Perhaps this is it
                  So, you want a closed car only. But there are a few more major decisions.

Automatic or stick?

Back to basics or sophisticated?

This year or next?

Second hand or new?
                  Rijk

Comment

Originally posted by cudang View Post
                    Judging from the two cars you listed, the LM85 will be your best option... YOu seem to have an affinity to limited production cars and those that are track worthy. If that is the case, you selected the right one. The new Aileron is very good as well but the automatic version (with paddle shifting) is lame so stay away from that. It is the same thing as the Audi Tiptronic. No clutch, just gear selection. Obviously you would never track it to to the automatic nature of the car (unless you like replacing brakes/pads after every track session).

You can get SMOKING deals on used C8's right now with under 500 miles on them. New ones are also down in price quite a bit. Where are you located?

Comment

Originally posted by SpykerX3 View Post
                      Judging from the two cars you listed, the LM85 will be your best option... YOu seem to have an affinity to limited production cars and those that are track worthy. If that is the case, you selected the right one. The new Aileron is very good as well but the automatic version (with paddle shifting) is lame so stay away from that. It is the same thing as the Audi Tiptronic. No clutch, just gear selection. Obviously you would never track it to to the automatic nature of the car (unless you like replacing brakes/pads after every track session).

You can get SMOKING deals on used C8's right now with under 500 miles on them. New ones are also down in price quite a bit. Where are you located?
                      The Aileron will also have a 6 speed available.

Comment

Hi SpykerX3 ,

Really appreciated for your Judgment. You're right i really like to go to limited production cars.! I am little confusing right now that i have to make up my decision whether:

Limited Edition C8 Laviolette LM85 with Manual

OR

The The new Aileron with Automatic

PS: I am not a car racer and i also don't do track. Just love to own and drive these Exotic cars |o|

_ SpykerX3 SpykerX3: I am now ready for Good Deal ... Any recommendation ? I am in San Jose California , thanks much.!
                        Cheers,

Calvin D.
                        2007 Mercedes SL550

Comment

any news cudang?
                          The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do

Comment

New motto: With the economy, no Spyker is unattainable

Comment

Working...
                            X