Spykers at Chicago Auto Show

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spykers at Chicago Auto Show

As promised, here are some pictures of the Spykers at this weeks Chicago Auto Show. New local dealer Steve Foley displayed a black Laviolette (#164) and an LM85 (#227). The dealer rep said both cars were new to the States and after the show were headed to the dealership. After talking to her for a bit, she invited me into the stand to meet Hans van Rennes. I had a nice chat with him; he told me a second Aileron had been completed and was being used for certifications and production was to begin in May. All in all the Spyker people were very kind and generous with their time.

The Spyker stand remained busy throughout the time I was at the show, the cars generated a lot of interest. These were the first Spykers I had ever seen in person, they are very sexy, exotic and very high quality. Considering the rarity of these cars, it was actually an honor to be in the stand with them! Unfortunately they would not permit me to sit in either of them, which sould have made my month!

I was able to take pictures of the cars from inside the stand, and was able to document the VIN's of both cars. Interestingly, the LM85 did not have a VIN sticker on the doorjamb like the Laviolette. I was wrong about the LM85 being the first C8 above #200 to be documented here, as I see LM85 #233 on the registry. AX lover, you need to update your list!

I apologize for the quality of the pictures; my camera is quite old. They turned out rather dark as the camera compensated for the bright lights. Enjoy!
    Attached Files

More pictures from the 2009 Chicago Auto Show...

I will start a thread for each of the cars for the registry tomorrow. Stay tuned...
    Attached Files

Comment

Thanx for posting Matt!
      Winning on sunday, selling on monday!

Comment

Thx! Nice pics & info!!!

Niels

Comment

Interesting. The Spyker is rated 13 City MPG and 18 Highway MPG, and a Ferrari F430 is rated 11 and 16. But in real life the Spyker has almost twice the mileage.

The average of the Ferrari is between 10 and 11 MPG, while the Spyker is between 18 and 20 MPG
          Rijk

Comment

Originally posted by F Spider View Post
            Interesting. The Spyker is rated 13 City MPG and 18 Highway MPG, and a Ferrari F430 is rated 11 and 16. But in real life the Spyker has almost twice the mileage.

The average of the Ferrari is between 10 and 11 MPG, while the Spyker is between 18 and 20 MPG
            A Spyker is relatively fuel efficient...but still in category G in Holland
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Wouter View Post
              ...but still in category G in Holland
              Just like mine

Comment

good stuff... I want a LM85... Those are still short wheel-base right? I'm not a fan of the LWB cars.

Comment

Originally posted by SpykerX3 View Post
                  good stuff... I want a LM85... Those are still short wheel-base right? I'm not a fan of the LWB cars.
                  The LM85 is indeed SWB

Comment

Originally posted by SpykerX3 View Post
                    Nice! Do you know how many LM85 are still available, and not yet sold?

Comment

I think that in the US a lot of LM85's are sold to dealers and not to end users. So I think that if you want one you can still buy one

Comment

Originally posted by Mattjs33 View Post
                        More pictures from the 2009 Chicago Auto Show...

I will start a thread for each of the cars for the registry tomorrow. Stay tuned...
                        The LM85 at the Chicago auto show.

+ YouTube Video
                        ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Comment

What is the dutch price for the LM85 Jeffrey? I saw the decals of a LM85 on a body in the factory when I passed it earlier this week.
                          Digi-Shape Auto Fotografie
                          Digi-Shape Auto Posters

Comment

Originally posted by pterps View Post
                            What is the dutch price for the LM85 Jeffrey? I saw the decals of a LM85 on a body in the factory when I passed it earlier this week.
                            I believe it´s in the region of €350.000 with dutch registration.
                            (+/- €225.000 excluding VAT and BPM)

Comment

Originally posted by Wouter View Post
                              A Spyker is relatively fuel efficient...but still in category G in Holland
                              13L per 100km is 18MPG. That is pretty much what I experience in real life. You don't have to be a slouch to get 18MPG
                              Rijk

Comment

Working...
                              X