Top Speed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Top Speed

The top speed of a Spyker C8 Spyder is claimed to be 300km/h (187mph). Has anyone here actually driven this fast with his Spyker?

close, 165 with losts of rpm left.

Comment

Amzamz has recorded a true (GPS based) 275 KM/H.
      Rijk

Comment

I went full bore on the RDW oval track in Lelystad, but I was so concentrated in going "straight" that I have no idea about my speed. I doubt if I got anywhere close to top speed
        Rijk

Comment

Amzamz would be the best. I got up to 160MPH per the speedo--but I think the real speed was closer to 150MPH. I did this with the top up so it was not the best conditions to try a top speed run. This was in 088. I doubt the car goes a legit 187...

Comment

... what is the top speed ?

With my Spyker I have done 300 km/h near Frankfurt on June 19, 2008. However, this was a speedo reading only.

Data verified by GPS is probably more reliable. I have reached 270 km/h twice near Duisburg on September 19, 2007, and 278 km/h between Halle and Berlin on March 7, 2008. See http://www.spykerowner.com/forum/uno....html#post2637 and http://www.spykerowner.com/forum/off....html#post2114 (sorry private forum members only)

These values represent an average over 2 seconds. The actual peak velocity might be higher, but not much. The speedo reading was around 290 or above in both cases. Reading it is nearly impossible since I have to concentrate on the "wild animal" and I also will never do this with passengers on board. I assume, the top speed can actually be reached! The gear ratio allows it. The engine power never was the limit in my cases. I would need a dry, empty straight of 20-30km and 3-4 lanes to do it. I will mount a camera next time...

At those speeds, acceleration resembles the one of a "Deux-Chevaux"! Much more fun is the 160 to 250 km/h range. There, the acceleration is fully developed, the car is still stable on the road and the sound is very good. It also is plenty enough to zoom by all the Benz', BMWs and Audis on the German motorway. At a constantly high speed they are more stable on the road, probably because of their built-in electronics (stabilizer etc).
            Last edited by amzamz; 18-12-2008, 00:02.

Comment

I'm officially jealous
              Rijk

Comment

Originally posted by amzamz View Post
                I would need a dry, empty straight of 20-30km and 3-4 lanes to do it. I will mount a camera next time...
                Let's hope for dry roads soon.

We (I ) had #007 up to 230km/h in sprints.
                The german autobahn is too far away for a short test.

Comment

Originally posted by amzamz View Post
                  I will mount a camera next time...

Yes please

Comment

i'll go on record that I will eat my arm if the Spyker does a legit 300 Km/hour. Maybe with wind and a downhill but I don't see it happening stock...

Comment

Originally posted by SpykerX3 View Post
                      i'll go on record that I will eat my arm if the Spyker does a legit 300 Km/hour. Maybe with wind and a downhill but I don't see it happening stock...
                      Dan,

Amzamz's car is used to high speeds and will probably be running a bit stronger than any US car. Also, his car is the old non-wide body (I think) with less aerodynamic drag elements like side boards and rear spoiler.

The gearing is correct for 187mph, so top speed would be drag limited.

Giving enough space and time, the #45 might be able to do 187mph. However, I would think that would be pretty unstable and scary at those speeds.

I'm not going to try it
                      Rijk

Comment

Working...
                      X