Supercharged S4 Avant review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Supercharged S4 Avant review

There have been a lot of back-and-forth discussions regarding this topic: MORE POWER.

With some of the cars here in the US coming out of warranty, adding more power might be an interesting proposition to some.

Having driven one of the MTM Supercharged Spyders (briefly) I can say that the chassis on the C8 is designed for the 400 (ish) HP that it comes with.

I also had the great pleasure to drop into Southern Cali's own VF engineering to visit my friend Nik Saran, Head of R&D and one of the founders.

VF has made a name for themselves in supercharging VW, Audi, Porsche, and BMW models for years now. Each application is developed and tested extensively.

While I was there I had a chance to test one of the customers S4 Avant. This is a heavy WAGON version of Audi's A4, that happens to run a VERY similar 4.2 V8 we are all very familiar with.

WOW! What a difference, knowing the weight of the car to be close to 1000lbs more than the C8, it was amazing at the speed. Power was smooth and linear, and it never stopped pulling... Let's not forget about the fun whine of the 'charger spreading throughout the cabin...

Let's just say that there i no RS4 that could keep up with that car. Except maybe, VF's Supercharged RS4 they are working on now.

Nik is confident they can fit this charger into the C8 body, and feels that the progressive delivery of power, along with some slight discretion from the driver should make the kit safe for the Spyker drivetrain.

Keep in mind that installation of this kit, as with any other part will void a portion of your warranty, but for those of you that just don't care, give Nik a call to discuss adding this kit to your car.

Who's going to be the first on the block to step up????

Nik Saran VF-Engineering - Forced Induction Systems for Volkswagen, Audi, BMW and Porsche
    Nik@vf-engineering.com

Here are some images along with the Dyno Sheet.

Last edited by ReducedSpeedAhead; 05-12-2008, 14:33.
    Vinny

- former SPYKER Employee, but a fan for life....

Vinny,

Nice review. We currently have several OEM dealer trained techs who unofficially consult for us and we are ready to install our S4 supercharger kit into a Spyker. Our current in house projects include the RS4 and R8 which all utilize a variation of this kit.

Our website does not display any product information relating to this supercharger system as we have only been releasing kits to our closest clients as a pre-release. To this end we are inviting any Spyker owners to contact us to discuss this opportunity.

We are located in Southern California and are available to meet anytime as well as throughout the holiday period.

Nik Saran
    -Head of R&D
    Cell 949-293-8540

VF-Engineering - Forced Induction Systems for Volkswagen, Audi, BMW and Porsche

Comment

Look at that Torque increase
      Rijk

Comment

Very Clean Look, Right now I'm Running Old School Super Charger.
        Attached Files

Comment

How much power can the Transmission hold?

Comment

@Vinny, is there any info yet on when the MTM supercharger will be available from Spyker? Or won't they offer it at all?

Was just wondering if there was some more information about the supercharger project

Comment

yes i also want to get more information about spyker,...........

ccda certification
              ccda certification
              cissp certification
              mcts exams
              Last edited by susan123; 06-04-2011, 08:31.
              susan

Comment

Originally posted by susan123 View Post
                yes i also want to get more information about spyker,...........

??? Please be specific on what information you would like, your location, etc.
                Vinny

- former SPYKER Employee, but a fan for life....

Comment

Working...
                X