Importing into Canada

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Importing into Canada

I thought I would let you guys know that I have hired a Exotic car importer in Canada to get Spyker cars put on the Canadian RIV vehicle admissibility list.

My importer is in contact with Spyker North America and Transport Canada. He has made some progress and things are going very good right now. This will probably be a long process but in the end will be worth it!

Hopefully I will have my C8 by early next year!!!!

Ryan

That's good news!

Great to hear that your exotic car importer is making progress. Getting this kind of entry approved usually involves a lot of paperwork and bureaucracy.

Have you already bought a Spyker or are you getting Spyker on this entry approval list first?

Wouter

Comment

I won't buy a C8 untill it is on the approval list! I have a couple C8's picked out that I like...hehe

Comment

Wow, great news! Good Luck with completing this proces.
        Winning on sunday, selling on monday!

Comment

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you. It would be really great when you can actually own a C8 next year!

Comment

Great initiative! Do you prefer a Laviolette or a spider?

Comment

Are there a lot of differences between the US and Canadian legislation?

Comment

Please keep us updated with your progress!!

Comment

I will only get a spyder!!

Canada just changed there saftey standards this past year. We lowered them to be the same as the US so now all cars sold in the US should be able to come into Canada if you are willing to do alot of work. The biggest difference was the Crash saftey standards, Canada has lowered the standards to the US level which is also the same as the rest of the world. I will kept you guys in the Loop...

Comment

"Canada has lowered the standards to the US level which is also the same as the rest of the world."

Is that true? I recall an article about spyker getting the right to sell in the U.S., and if I'm not mistaken the cars weren't allowed to have any loose objects fall out of them if they were turned upside-down after the crashtest.. Sounded kind of wacky, I'm not sure if the same requirement is used in the rest of the world.

By the way, why will you only get a Spider? In my humble opinion the Laviolette is certainly the better looking of the two. And I guess also the most comfortable if you're living in Canada

Comment

Originally posted by Reddingius View Post
                      .. By the way, why will you only get a Spider? In my humble opinion the Laviolette is certainly the better looking of the two.
                      That's a matter of taste, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Apart from that: the back to basics principle is best experienced in a roadster.

Comment

But finding a Spyder instead of a Laviolette is much easier. Because there are a lot more of them for sale

Comment

I'm looking for a convertible and the C8 spyder is the best looking one in the world!!!

Comment

Originally posted by rhyno View Post
                            I thought I would let you guys know that I have hired a Exotic car importer in Canada to get Spyker cars put on the Canadian RIV vehicle admissibility list.

My importer is in contact with Spyker North America and Transport Canada. He has made some progress and things are going very good right now. This will probably be a long process but in the end will be worth it!

Hopefully I will have my C8 by early next year!!!!

Ryan

Ryan, where in Canada do you live?

Comment

Originally posted by SpykerOwner View Post
                              That's a matter of taste, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Apart from that: the back to basics principle is best experienced in a roadster.
                              And I always thought you preferred the Laviolette over the Spyder:lol::lol::lol:
                              Rijk

Comment

Working...
                              X