L.A. Auto Show press conference

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L.A. Auto Show press conference

This video shows us the Los Angeles Auto Show press conference.

+ YouTube Video
    ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

What’s the news?
    • The world financial crisis has, for now, no influence on the demand for Spyker cars.
    • First C8 Aileron just entered production.
    • C8 Aileron Spyder will be unveiled in march 2009 at the Geneva Auto Salon.
    • Twelve LM85’s will go to the USA.
    • LM85 owners will drive their cars for one lap around the Le Mans Circuit...

Comment

Interesting news, thanx for posting Wouter!
      Winning on sunday, selling on monday!

Comment

Very interesting indeed!

Looking forward to the Aileron Spyder!!!

Thx...
        Niels

Comment

Nice indeed! Thanks, Wouter, for posting.
          Amazing that a whole press conference (well, presentation at least) is shared online.

Indeed, some good news that Victor is sharing there.

"We have arranged with the Le Mans organisation that owners of the LM85 can drive the track during the race...
          Well, not during the race, that would cause some problems, but prior to the race.
          :lol::lol:

I must say, I am amazed, time and again, by Victor. His ability to present is incredible! He knows exactly what to say and his vocabulary is almost unheard of for a Dutchman. I think he said 'uhm' perhaps 3 times at the most!!! Super cool.

On a side-note: I wonder when the last 1st-generation C8 SWB will roll of the production-line??

Comment

Victor Muller also mentioned that Spykercars expects the Aileron to be a “big hit” especially the Spyder version. So again we can expect more Spyders than coupe versions.

Personally I prefer a sports car to be a coupe. This preference is based on my assumption that, in case of a convertible, you have to compromise on performance. Is it nowadays still the case that a coupe version is more stiff and lighter that the convertible version of the same car?

Comment

@bucciali, when the Aileron is introduced you can still order a SWB model. They will be build on special request. So I think it will take some time before the last one will roll of the production line.

Comment

Good press presentation. Can't wait to see the spyder version with the automatic top.
                Rijk

Comment

Originally posted by Wouter View Post
                  Personally I prefer a sports car to be a coupe. This preference is based on my assumption that, in case of a convertible, you have to compromise on performance. Is it nowadays still the case that a coupe version is more stiff and lighter that the convertible version of the same car?
                  In the case of Spyker, you might be wrong. I don't think (but not sure) that there is a chassis difference between the Spyder and Laviolette. That would make the Laviolette heavier than the Spyder.

I find open motoring just so much more rewarding. It's impact on all your senses is important as a part of the experience. Think about Amzamz driving around in his Bugatti. How more elemental can your drive get
                  Last edited by F Spider; 04-12-2008, 00:53.
                  Rijk

Comment

I find open motoring just so much more rewarding. It's impact on all your senses is important as a pert of the experience. Think about Amzamz driving around in his Bugatti. How more elemental can your drive get
                    That's true. The small weight difference is nothing compared with the fun of driving OPEN.

...and in this case the Spyder is 25kg lighter than the Laviolette.

Dutchdude
                    Spykerowner #141
                    sigpic

Comment

Your right F Spider and Dutchdude outside the racetrack it’s al about the experience and indeed open motoring ads that extra bit of fun.

Comment

"Spyker, an aircraft without wings"

During the press conference Victor Muller talks about the aviation inspired design philosophy of Spyker. At the first generation cars the propeller logo was leading for the design (Aeroblade wheels, air intakes, etcetera) Second generation evolves to turbine aircraft…clearly visible in the turbine wheels and air intakes.

What about the 3e generation? Stealth like the Lamborghini Reventon…I don’t hope so

ps: I do like the Reventon but only as a Lamborghini.

Comment

I like the idee behind the car, it's simelar like what Ferrari does with their cars. But Spyker had a story behind this look. It sounds really cool and great. I looking forward to be there in Le Mans in 2009. I going to the race, and hopely I spotted this car. Also the new second generation is cool, with that turbine intakes. It looks cool and modern, I thought better than the old one of the old look with propeller intakes.

Comment

an interview from autoblog.nl with Hans van Rennes
                            Video: Wanneer komt de Spyker C8 Aileron eindelijk? » Autoblog.nl » Autonieuws van de straat
                            80 % percent Dutch
                            The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do

Comment

Originally posted by IVR007 View Post
                              an interview from autoblog.nl with Hans van Rennes
                              Video: Wanneer komt de Spyker C8 Aileron eindelijk? » Autoblog.nl » Autonieuws van de straat
                              80 % percent Dutch
                              The red text ´een beetje speurwerk´ in the article, links to the Aileron thread on SpykerOwner.com
                              Nice to see autoblog.nl uses this ´our´ site for information.
                              Welcome guys!

Just glad i didn´t say too much.

Nice to see Hans in his element.

Comment

Working...
                              X