Greetings from South Africa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greetings from South Africa

Hi everyone (and forgive me if I have posted this in the wrong section)

Just a quick hello from SA. My name is Brent, I run our local Honda Owners CLub and through our forum bucciali directed me here (even though I registered ages ago, I forgot the URL)

I had the absolute pleasure of driving a yellow Spyker C8 Spyder last November, and to this day it has been one of my all time favourites. I am a motoring journalist (for a student newspaper at that stage), so I will post up my review of th C8 in the future.

Looking forward to sharing stories with both owners and enthusiasts of one of the world's most amazing car brands...

Welcome Brent! Nice to see you here
    Introductions can be made in the First Post Lounge, but I'm sure that Mr. Admin (Hans) can merge this thread, if he deems it necessary.

Looking forward to read your review and I hope that you will find this board to be both a useful resource and the ideal place to share your enthousiasm for Spyker.

BTW, in writing we Dutchmen can understand it much better than in person, so if you can and want to, you can write Afrikaans here in the Dutchies thread.

Comment

Originally posted by bucciali View Post
      Welcome Brent! Nice to see you here
      Introductions can be made in the First Post Lounge, but I'm sure that Mr. Admin (Hans) can merge this thread, if he deems it necessary.

Looking forward to read your review and I hope that you will find this board to be both a useful resource and the ideal place to share your enthousiasm for Spyker.

BTW, in writing we Dutchmen can understand it much better than in person, so if you can and want to, you can write Afrikaans here in the Dutchies thread.
      ag dankie man! Afrikaans is nie my eerste taal nie maar as julle so skryf ten minste kan ek verstaan

Comment

Originally posted by SpykerZA View Post
        ag dankie man! Afrikaans is nie my eerste taal nie maar as julle so skryf ten minste kan ek verstaan
        We can understand that perfectly.

BTW Welcome on board. I remember some pics of the yellow Spyker versus a yellow Lamborghini. Was that from the article you were talking about?

Comment

Originally posted by SpykerOwner View Post
          We can understand that perfectly.

BTW Welcome on board. I remember some pics of the yellow Spyker versus a yellow Lamborghini. Was that from the article you were talking about?
          nope, wasn't me but that sounds like FUN!

Comment

Hans, the article you are referring to, comes from Mike, another South-African who drove the yellow C8 Spyder at the beginning of this year. He made a couple of really nice pictures, one of which was the one with his own Lamborghini.

click the picture for the article on Rennteam.com

Comment

that is both a beautiful photograph and combination...

Comment

Welkom Brent,

You are not the only one who registered ages ago and forgot the URL…..It took me seven months after registering to rediscover spykerowner.

Looking forward to your review of the Spyker.

Comment

Welcome to SO
                  1934 - 1938 - 1982 - 2006

My YouTube Channel

Comment

thanks all

Comment

great picture!

Originally posted by bucciali View Post
                      Hans, the article you are referring to, comes from Mike, another South-African who drove the yellow C8 Spyder at the beginning of this year. He made a couple of really nice pictures, one of which was the one with his own Lamborghini.
                      I really like the picture! How come the colours are identical? Looks like magic, or, was Photoshop used to make them equal?

Comment

Originally posted by amzamz View Post
                        I really like the picture! How come the colours are identical? Looks like magic, or, was Photoshop used to make them equal?
                        I also like this one a lot:
                        Attached Files

Comment

this reminds me of ostriches

... in ZA there must be a large number of ostriches. They are famous for courtship dancing. Looks pretty much like Spyker and Lamborghini. However, who is the female?
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by amzamz; 06-11-2008, 12:11.

Comment

Since the Spyker has more round curves that should be the female

Comment

Originally posted by amzamz View Post
                              ... in ZA there must be a large number of striches. They are famous for courtship dancing. Looks pretty much like Spyker and Lamborghini. However, who is the female?
                              LOL, brilliant metaphor!:lol:

Comment

Working...
                              X