Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Spyker fans today...

Hi everyone,

I'm currently a Porsche Cayman owner but I'm a fan of all cars and always eager to meet fellow enthusiasts.

So a group of Porsche owners in the NY area organized a final fall run today after a very busy summer of meets and events.

Heading down a twisty mountain road, we catch out of the corner of our eye a F1 Spider and something else in the driveway of a lone house on this road. Being the nuts that we are, we turn around and pay them a visit!!

Turns out we came across the home of your very own F1 Spider!

So we invaded his home with 10 Porsches.

Sorry about the lawn! :lol:

Thanks for pointing me to this site, I think we made a bunch of new Spyker fans today.

-Pete
    Last edited by PistolPete13; 03-11-2008, 05:19.
    Pete

2008 Meteor Grey Porsche Cayman S

2007 Blue Slate Infiniti G35s 6-speed

Welcome on board Pete. Looks like you all had a great time during your unplanned stop

Comment

:lol: Nice one! That is what I call a good case of dirrect marketing!
      That's a lot of Cayman's together. More than I have seen in total to be honest. Is it a popular Porsche in the US?

<ding-dong>

Good morning Sir, my friends and I couldn't help but notice these beautiful cars on your lawn. We know the red one is a Ferrari, but the gray one? It says 'Spyder', but Spyder what? Is it a Lotus?

By the way, careful on the driveway, we've put a few obstacles on it for ya!

Comment

I'm a great Porsche fan and it's nice to see these pictures.
        When you're all in Europe,can you bring me also a visit ?
        And if you all buy a Spyker,give me a sign if you will sell the Porsche

Comment

That's very funny :lol:

Welcome on the forum Pete!
          Winning on sunday, selling on monday!

Comment

Next year we will see pictures with all Spykers and one Porsche

Comment

Hi! I'm one of the Porsche Cayman owners that visited yesterday. Thank you for allowing us to visit your home. We will certainly take you up on your offer to visit again in the future. The road that you live on is one of our favorites. Please join us in our next drive. We will keep you informed as to when we will be in the area.

Comment

Thank you for the warm welcome everyone!

According to many people, the Cayman provides more of a "pure" driving experience vs the more popular 911 variants due to it's lighter weight and mid-engine configuration. Unfortunately Porsche has hobbled the performance of the car somewhat with a lack of HP and performance items like a limited slip differential. They don't want this chassis exceeding the performance of their base 911 Carrera. It would be bad for marketing!

That said, it's still a great car and it can hold it's own on a racetrack with many other higher end cars thanks to it's telepathic handling.

The NY Tri-State area has a very active Cayman community and we normally get 30 plus cars out for events and drives. This was a smaller drive for a bunch of our "rally" leaders to scout out some potential new routes for next spring. We were experimenting with using 2-way radios vs cell phones for communication and were pleasantly surprised with their range in the hills.

Take a look at my photo album with pictures of the Cayman related events we had in 2008 and thanks again for the welcome!

2008 Car Events Photo Gallery
                Pete

2008 Meteor Grey Porsche Cayman S

2007 Blue Slate Infiniti G35s 6-speed

Comment

Originally posted by PistolPete13 View Post
                  Heading down a twisty mountain road, we catch out of the corner of our eye a F1 Spider and something else in the driveway of a lone house on this road.
                  I'd seen these guys drive by a few weeks ago already.

The roads are really nice over Peekamouse Mountain. These guys are really fast. Sometimes too fast as it turned out. Last time they lost a Cayman, but the guy was OK
                  Rijk

Comment

Good intro :lol:

Welcome to SO
                    1934 - 1938 - 1982 - 2006

My YouTube Channel

Comment

Working...
                    X