Spyker Parts Suppliers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spyker Parts Suppliers

Thought it would be nice to have a thread with info on suppliers of Spyker parts. Not quite sure about the setup, but I'm sure you guys will have some input here.

I have found a couple of things in the past regarding production of parts for Spyker, or info on companies that were somehow involved in the process.

What I just found is the producer of the key-fob: Meprof in the Netherlands.

We can include stuff on Karmann, on the Audi-engine, on the designers of the teardrop mirrors etc.
    Last edited by bucciali; 25-10-2009, 22:36.

Modesi aerodynamics study Spyker C8 Spyder

Another Dutch company, Modesi, has done an aerodynamics study of the C8 Spyder.

By flow simulation, or Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD), they measured the flow around the C8 and used the results to further develop the bodywork and the body parts as well to optimise driving behaviour! Cool stuff

Comment

And don't forget Coventry Prototype Panels (CPP)! They build prototypes for Spyker. And they also produced the bodies before Karmann. And I believe they also produced all the Double12 bodies. And the doormirrors.
      WELCOME TO CPP
      But the information on the website is a bit old I guess. Some quotes:

CPP currently manufactures the complete aluminium chassis and body assemblies for all Spyker road and race cars
      Spyker Zagato designed show car. Geneva 2007.
      Total build time from receipt of CAD data; 3.5 weeks. CPP supported Spyker & Zagato with engineering resource and produced the whole car from a free issue chassis. This involved manufacturing the BIW, interior, lamps (SLA/SLS), wheels and painted body.
      Spyker D12 Peking-to-Paris (March 2007)
      All aluminium production SUV. Karman BIW supplied and finished by CPP ready for the Geneva show 2007. W W12 5998cc engine and Gear box, Top speed 300 Km/h, 0-100 Km/h 5.0 seconds. AP Racing brakes and Ellermeuer all leather interior fitted at CPP.

Comment

http://www.ellermeyer.nl/techniek/de...eurs&pg=spyker
        Referenties Hulshof

Comment

Karmann is closing some of its activities down

What happens to Spyker if Karmann closes down? Or, do I misunderstand anything here? Any other suppliers in sight?

" Sept. 19 (Bloomberg) -- Wilhelm Karmann GmbH, a closely held German car designer and manufacturer, which has carried out contracts for companies such as Volkswagen AG, will close its contract-manufacturing unit, cutting as many as 1,700 jobs, the Financial Times Deutschland reported.

The Osnabrueck-based company said the unit isn't getting enough orders and will be closed in mid-2009, when the last commission runs out, the newspaper added, citing Chief Executive Officer Peter Harbig. "

Comment

I believe that Karmann only stops producing complete cars like the Audi A4 Cabrio and CLK Cabrio. But other activities will continue.

So I guess there will be no problem for Spyker.

Comment

Kharma delivering sound system to Spyker

I definately hope that the fact that Karmann is laying off so many jobs has no effect on the body supply to Spyker.

The Dutch company Kharma has developed the sound system for the Aileron. You can see their logo embossed on all the speakers: woofer below the glove-compartment, speaker in the door and in the window-sill. Those two in the window-sill look a bit misplaced, but then again they don't take away much visability I would guess.

More info here in the Kharma press release.

Comment

360° Photography

Pi Cube in Germany made the 360° photos, that used to be on the Spyker site. Can't find them anymore?

You can still view it here

Comment

After a meeting in Amsterdam Zuidoost very close to Ellermeyer Techniek i just dropped by. A very friendly employer showed me around the workshop.

Very interesting to see how they transform leather, carpet and some other materials into a Spyker interior.
                  Last edited by Wouter; 03-11-2008, 18:11.

Comment

(op wens van Ellemeyer foto's verwijderd)
                    Last edited by Wouter; 03-11-2008, 18:12.

Comment

(op wens van Ellemeyer foto's verwijderd)
                      Last edited by Wouter; 03-11-2008, 18:13.

Comment

-edit-
                        Last edited by AX lover; 03-11-2008, 19:50.

Comment

- edit -
                          Last edited by Laviolette GT2R; 04-11-2008, 01:33.
                          Winning on sunday, selling on monday!

Comment

Nice move, Wouter, to go by and see Ellermeyer! Thanks alot for taking the pictures!
                            Last edited by bucciali; 03-11-2008, 19:11.

Comment

Could it be that the chairs are for the Aileron? And that all the interiors are in the same colour as some kind of 'start' production run.

You see that a lot with other manufacturers. The first batch of cars is only available in a limited number of colours.

Comment

Working...
                              X