Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broughtons Spyker Dealership

Hi,

I am new to the Spyker forum and have just paid a pleasant trip to the UK dealership of Spyker cars called Broughtons in Gloucester.

We arrived and they had the extreme C12 Zagato in the dealership which was unbelievable to see up close. We met this really nice guy called Tommy Wareham who is the salesman of this unique brand. He also has an account on this forum.

He was really nice and brought us refreshments and talked to us about the C8 and opened it all up for us to see. He also let us sit inside the C8 Spyder to get a first hand feel on what it would be like to drive such a car.

He showed us the workshop and started up one of the Spyker to hear its V8 scream. It was the best dealership I have been to ever, better than Maranello Ferrari, Jack barclay Bentley, Mayfair Porsche etc.

They also sell Koenigsegg & Zagato there.
    Thankyou so much to Tommy Wareham of Broughtons Spyker of Cheltenham, Gloucester and please check them out on Broughtons – Bentley, Aston Martin, Spyker, Koenigsegg and Zagato Dealers.

Here are some videos I took:

Spyker C12 Zagato
    YouTube - Rare! Spyker C12 Zagato in dealership!

Spyker C8 Spyder
    YouTube - Spyker C8 - inside & out

Spyker C8 Laviolette
    YouTube - Spyker C8 Laviolette & Lamborghini Gallardo

Spyker C8 noise
    YouTube - Spyker C8 NOISE!!!

These are all featured on my YouTube page 'george666enzo' along with other rare cars and exotics spotted around UK & London.

Wow, sounds like one amazing trip you've had there! I have a question though: In the youtube comments placed below the C12 clip, someone poses the question which engine will be fitted to it, to which you reply that Lambo's V10 is apparently going to be it.
    Who told you this or where have you read this? I'm quite curious myself as to what the powerplant is going to be, but personally this is new to me.

Comment

It has been rumored around TopGear and pistonheads because we know Spyker has some connection with Audi/Lamborghini because of the Audi V8 in the C8 and also the Gallardo steering wheel in the C12 and Ailerion.

If anyone has anymore questions on Spyker or anything automotive please don't hesitate to contact me at stigf40@yahoo.co.uk

All comments are much appreciated.

-George (george666enzo)

Comment

this car WILL NOT be produced. that is the one of a kind show car. If they do put an engine in it, it will likely be one of the rack motors they currently use. There are two different V8's in the C8's so one of those would make sense. Additionally, I do not see them dumping any more money into this car since the decision was made to kill the project.

Dan

Comment

I agree with Dan. It is not very likely that this car will be put into production. And when it will, it will have chassis of the new Aileron. The C12 Zagato is based on the C8 Double12 with a W12 engine.

So I guess when they will build it the Zagato will use the 4.2 Audi V8, or maybe the American V8 that is rumoured to replace the Audi engine in a few years time.

@Dan, what do you mean with: There are two different V8's in the C8's

Do you mean that Spyker switched from the belt driven 4.2 V8 to a chain driven V8? And as far as I know they now only use the chain driven engine. Or am I wrong?

I do know that Spyker isn't using the Audi 4.2 V8 with the FSI (direct fuel injection). Am I correct?

Comment

Originally posted by AX lover View Post
            I agree with Dan. It is not very likely that this car will be put into production. And when it will, it will have chassis of the new Aileron. The C12 Zagato is based on the C8 Double12 with a W12 engine.

So I guess when they will build it the Zagato will use the 4.2 Audi V8, or maybe the American V8 that is rumoured to replace the Audi engine in a few years time.

@Dan, what do you mean with: There are two different V8's in the C8's

Do you mean that Spyker switched from the belt driven 4.2 V8 to a chain driven V8? And as far as I know they now only use the chain driven engine. Or am I wrong?

I do know that Spyker isn't using the Audi 4.2 V8 with the FSI (direct fuel injection). Am I correct?
            Correct, it is the non FSI motor.

Comment

JP is correct. The differences in the two motors are minor but the are different motors.

Comment

Working...
              X