Spykers & Rims

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spykers & Rims

Even though many Spykers have the propellor rims, there are/have been actually a couple of different rims under various models. Of course, the D12 P2P has rather large propellor rims and the C12 Zagato has shiny 'turbine' rims.

Personally I like the propellor rims very much. They are part of the overal Spyker 'aeromotive' design. However, I also believe rims can make or kill a car. So, for a few Spykers, I think they look even better with the rims they have, such as #008, the Double 12 S.

What do you guys think? Any favorites?

Originally posted by bucciali View Post
    Even though many Spykers have the propellor rims, there are/have been actually a couple of different rims under various models. Of course, the D12 P2P has rather large propellor rims and the C12 Zagato has shiny 'turbine' rims.

Personally I like the propellor rims very much. They are part of the overal Spyker 'aeromotive' design. However, I also believe rims can make or kill a car. So, for a few Spykers, I think they look even better with the rims they have, such as #008, the Double 12 S.

What do you guys think? Any favorites?

The first picture shows the wheels used under the first 3 or 5 ¨prototype¨cars.
    The alloys on the car in the 3rd picture and grey Spyder are standard wheels.
    The much loved ´propeller wheels 19¨ are optional.
    The turbine wheels from the Zagato are the new wheels for the Aileron.

Regards,

Jeffrey
    Last edited by Spyker 007; 09-08-2008, 23:40.

Comment

Early versions had these "propeller wheels with rivets" as seen in this picture taken at the Auto Rai 2001:
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Wouter View Post
        Early versions had these "propeller wheels with rivets" as seen in this picture taken at the Auto Rai 2001:
        Only this car was fitted with these rivetted wheels. Those wheels are one (Four )off´s.
        This could be #002?
        You first picture shows early cars in Monaco. See the fuelfillercap on the front bonnet.

I really like the optional propeller wheels. As do many other owners.

Jeffrey
        Last edited by Spyker 007; 09-08-2008, 23:41.

Comment

I found some better pictures of these prototype "propeller wheels with rivets" . I do not know if these wheels were ever fitted on production cars?

I like the new turbine wheels...but, to my opinion, the propeller wheels still look perfect on a C8 and look better without the rivets.
          Last edited by Wouter; 10-08-2008, 00:07.

Comment

I found some better pictures of these "propeller wheels with rivets" . I do not know if these wheels were ever fitted on production cars?
            Just saw the #005 pictures with the rivet propeller wheels in the the registry.
            Could well be they only made one set of these wheels

We own #007 which has the production propeller wheels.

Comment

Originally posted by Spyker 007 View Post
              Only this car was fitted with these rivetted wheels. Those wheels are one (Four )off´s.
              oke...I did not know that...the answer to my question.

Comment

#005 in both pictures.

Especially the first cars have A LOT of changes from car to car!!!!
                Attached Files
                Last edited by Spyker 007; 10-08-2008, 00:23.

Comment

I like the new turbine wheels...but, to my opinion, the propeller wheels still look perfect on a C8 and look better without the rivets.
                  +1
                  I do like the rivets under the prototype cars (with the screwed in front window and front fuelfiller cap). Gives it a nice rough edge.

Comment

Originally posted by Spyker 007 View Post
                    +1
                    I do like the rivets under the prototype cars (with the screwed in front window and front fuelfiller cap). Gives it a nice rough edge.
                    I love the nine spoke propeller wheels. I dont care for the rivets on the wheels as the seem to be non functional.

The mid-front fuel filler cap is a nice detail. I wish I had that on my car. I wonder why they changed it.
                    Rijk

Comment

nine spoke propeller wheels
                      You mean 10 spoke

The mid-front fuel filler cap is a nice detail. I wish I had that on my car. I wonder why they changed it.
                      Maybe it wasn't so safe to have the fueltank in front of he car

Comment

Originally posted by AX lover View Post
                        You mean 10 spoke
                        Oops, it's still early and my considerable math skills have not woken up yet
                        Rijk

Comment

The rebuilt D12 also has the turbine rims that were first seen on the c12 zagato.
                          Last edited by bucciali; 25-10-2009, 22:37.

Comment

Found these pictures on a Chinese forum (www.bmwcct.com.). This early C8 Laviolette is fitted with after market rims...
                            Attached Files

Comment

Hey Wouter, very nice find!!! Not easy to find stuff on Chinese forums, you will agree

Very cool to see a Spyker with aftermarket rims. The first one actually, I think?!
                              I happen to like these particular rims too; don't ask me what they're called though.

This is a very early VIN Laviolette; I'm guessing that I might have a few pics of this one t00

Comment

Working...
                              X