Steering wheels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steering wheels

So, I'd like those who have the original steering wheel or had it retrofitted to give me some input here. I find the Lotus wheel too small in diameter for my hands, and so would consider switching. But, the original wheel seems to have two drawbacks, from what I can see. The spokes make for unusual handgrip positions, and the original wheel appears to have no horn (correct me if I am wrong). While I thought I could live without a horn, the Spyker seems to provoke extreme inattention from other drivers, and I use the horn more often than I have ever used one before. Cars drift toward me as their owner's eyes do, and of course, the occasional inattentive SUV driver veers without seeing my car so low below them. I think I need the horn for survival...your thoughts?

Originally posted by Basokolow View Post
    So, I'd like those who have the original steering wheel or had it retrofitted to give me some input here. I find the Lotus wheel too small in diameter for my hands, and so would consider switching. But, the original wheel seems to have two drawbacks, from what I can see. The spokes make for unusual handgrip positions, and the original wheel appears to have no horn (correct me if I am wrong).
    The propeller steering wheel has a horn button in the center, is a liitle bigger than the Lotus wheel, and I have no problems with my hand position.

If we ever get to meet, you can try fro yourself.
    Rijk

Comment

The prop wheel is great but very unsafe. I would bet money that you could/would bend it if you were ever in an accident. I think the new wheel is ugly but won't swap mine out due to safety concerns. Rijk has the right idea though--go the four point harness with the wheel. Problem solved. Just be ready to do it yourself because there isn't a place in the US that will do it for you.

Comment

And is it maybe possible to retrofit the MY08 steering wheel with the airbag?

If I'm correct that is the Gallardo steering wheel.

Comment

Nice picture of the new steeringwheel.

Comment

Another picture (thanx Vinnie!), with the airbag yet to be fitted.
            Attached Files
            Winning on sunday, selling on monday!

Comment

Hmm, I guess I'll stick with what I have. Thanks for the input. I now have 555 miles on my C8. The cool weather has let me get out each night for a joyride. Got caught in a sudden rainshower today, but the enormous umbrella saved the day. Will post pictures of an upcoming car show this weekend.

Comment

Working...
              X